Can't Find Application in Store

I was facing an issue with the latest Windows 10 build whereby I could not open the start menu. That was resolved upon rolling back and reinstalling the build. However, for reasons uncertain, Microsoft Sudoku does not appear in the store. Note: Because I have multiple language packs instated, I must use the beta store (the one with the gray bag). The original store (the one with the green bag) does not connect. It is great to be able to connect to the Windows store again. But, the absence of Microsoft Sudoku is odd. Searching for it returns Microsoft Minesweeper. Microsoft Solitaire Collection and a quick Search for Microsoft Bingo return no results.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft forums.

From the issue description, I understand that you are unable to find an app from Windows Store. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I like to inform you that we’ve transferred many of the Windows 8.1 apps to the new Windows Store (Beta), but the two stores have different app catalogues.  So not all of the Windows 8.1 apps will appear in the new Windows 10 Store (Beta), and apps for the Store in Windows 10 Technical Preview will not be available for PCs running Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.

You can refer to the following thread for more infromation about the Windows Store in Windows 10 Technical Preview.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/forum/insider_wintp-insider_store/there-are-two-stores-in-windows-10-technical/22e68300-6702-41c8-ba93-9599f0628dbc?tm=1421986912930

Hope this helps.

Please post back if you have any issues related to Windows and we will be glad to assist you further,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply. Perhaps Microsoft Sudoku was removed then. Have look at this thread. It contains a snip taken on my Surface Pro 2 running build 9926 of the Windows 10 technical preview. By the way, I hope that Spartan does not have to be run as administrator on each launch. Because of that behavior from Internet Explorer, I am using Google Chrome. But, it does have some minor inconveniences with regard to the tablet interface.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I am sorry for the delayed response.

Windows 10 Tech Preview is in testing environment. If you don't see Sudoku. I suggest you to re-download it from store.

You can also go through this, Microsoft recently released new update on February 4th which includes many improvements and fixes.

https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3036140

Main fixes mentioned in the article:

•The Start Menu fails to launch shortly after install

•The system stops responding when installing apps from the Store

•The Settings app incorrectly reports that new builds are available, which return error 0x80246017 when attempting to download

•Reliability improvements to prevent some system crashes

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I downloaded Microsoft Sudoku from the old store (the one with the green bag icon). I suspect that it is buggy though. It worked "instantly" once I removed all input methods except the primary one and restated my computer. It did not work when I had all of the input methods added. That might be part of what the other store is for. The intent might be for it to eventually replace the old one. Because they have different catalogs, I have pinned both of them to my Start menu.
I love Daisy (デイジー)!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 53 Applies to: