app store no longer working on surface 2 rt

I went to open the app store on my surface 2 but it says it is no longer supported by thisnversion of windows. I see no upgrade option as i had for my laptop. Is Microsoft telling me i wasted $xxx on this tablet??????? I cant even install apps anymore????
Answer
Answer

I tried to use Get-HotFix  KB4034662 but the InstalledOn showed nothing, just empty space. So no date at all.

OK.  That explains why the sort didn't work.  So instead of patch ids we would have to go back to LastWriteTime of modules to get any kind of ordering of versions and infer patch orderings that way.  Yuck.

Instead, I have tried to get some ideas by comparing what the Store does on both W8.1RT and W10 but haven't got anywhere on that tack yet.  They both seem incredibly different.

Since I don't have ProcMon on the RT here is what I am using to find out what has been written for "today".  I really must find out how to create a script out of this because it is so useful.  Also note that you could pipe it to .\clip.exe or a file to make it more usable than just wrapping in your console window.

cd \

$Today = Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-dd"

LS -Re -Fi * -Fo -EA:SilentlyContinue | where LastWriteTime -GE $Today | sort LastWriteTime | ft LastWriteTime, Length, FullName  -AutoSize -Wrap

C.f. [Link]

windows app Store (page=1) (Robert Aldwinckle on forums August 22, 2017)

[Link]

Assuming something is written to record the failure of opening the Store I would expect the relevant list to be quite small and hopefully illuminating.  Unfortunately most of it seems to go under the user's profile (so there may be PII concerns about sharing it except by general description).

FYI

Robert
---

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 7, 2024 Views 1,642 Applies to: