windows app Store

Ok i finally got my surface imaged and all updated and the start bar is back in action well now when i click on the windows store app i get a message saying this version of windows is no longer supported by windows store can anybody please my faith in the surface has been some what restored but if i can't install my previous apps it's not any good to me.

message saying this version of windows is no longer supported by windows store  

Related Content

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/surface/forum/surfwinrt-surfupdate/app-store-no-longer-working-on-surface-2-rt/f64459de-0c1c-4eac-88bc-a730eb951ce0?page=2#LastReply 

Have you tried an  sfc  /scannow  (i.e. run as an administrator)?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

yes i have tried and for some reason that doesn't work either.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

for some reason that doesn't work either.

It would be done hopefully as a diagnostic.  E.g. if "doesn't work" means SFC returns an error that would be significant. 

Also, as long as we are grasping at straws I think it would be interesting to know what it was finding regarding those two modules we have been focusing on:  WinStoreUI.dll and WSShared.dll   For example, you may have noticed that we can't use FileVersion as an accurate indication of what the actual module being used is and today I noticed that we probably can't even use  ResMon's report of it either.  So, so far I can get 3 different results for Version for the same module!  That KB article made no caveats about this for where we should be looking so either these discrepancies are new or Support are oblivious of them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

message saying this version of windows is no longer supported by windows store

I just realized that if this message is opening in the Windows Store UI having a picture of it could be useful.  E.g. maybe there would be some discernable difference in the UI that would help identify what version is actually being used.

Also, as another wild guess, there may be some clues from PowerShell  Get-AppXLog

Otherwise, I think the best we have in terms of undiscovered diagnostics would be doing a find for all files and ordering them by Date Modified.  I wouldn't trust File Explorer to help with that but if it would the search expression could be DateModified:Today and the Sort field would be Date Modified

In PowerShell the analogous search would be

cd \

$Today = Get-Date -Format "yyyy-MM-dd"

LS -Re -Fi * -Fo -EA:SilentlyContinue | where LastWriteTime -GE $Today | sort LastWriteTime | ft LastWriteTime, Length, FullName  -AutoSize -Wrap

I originally wasn't going to bother with a filter stage before the Sort (e.g. to emulate the DateModified:Today search) and although there is enough memory (RAM) to do that (and look at the equivalent of a filter on the last page) it was far too slow.  This is much better.  Wow.  That's so handy I may make it into a function.

I can try doing this myself after invoking Windows Store to see what diagnostics are captured for the normal case and maybe even figure out what traces would be applicable.  No promises.

Robert
---

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well...I've kind of had the same problem. You see, I think something is wrong with the Windows Store on my Surface because Asphalt 8: Airborne took a long time to install and it said there was an error. What's the problem?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you might try to install another app and see how it installs and runs it may just be that app that is the problem i have run into certain apps that don't seem to work after they install so you may just try that as a trial and error.if the app store was corrupt i wouldn't think you would be able to download an app much less install it. it could just be a bad app.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 5, 2021 Views 8 Applies to: