Email from "Hacker" that Face is under review?

I just got an email from "Hacker" claiming they have my face and it is under review. It sounds like a scam or some sort so I didn't open the email for the potential risk. Has anybody received this email as well? I simply deleted it, but I still feel uneasy....should I also do something else?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi ,Michelle

my name is Dennis, I'm an independent advisor and I'll do my best to help today.

These emails are to steal information from users or money, stating that they have something about you but it's a lie, ignore emails with that type of information, if you feel more secure change the password to your email.

Regards,
Dennis.

37 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you Dennis!

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

you are welcome Michelle.

Regards,
Dennis.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just received this same E-mail message. It says that the hacker has planted a keystroke logger in my browser and has already copied all of my files to a separate server. He said that unless I give him $500 in bitcoin, he would...... he didn't quite provide an exact "or else." The person who sent this email also claimed that they had a video of me taken from my webcam. I believe that the implication is that they are threatening to release the video of me alongside a **** they claimed I was watching. They also mentioned having all of my contacts. Some of the statements made by this person seemed rather generic, which is what has made me suspicious that this is a template email designed to scare people into paying money to him. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I do have the same email standing in my inbox... It keeps sending me this and honestly I am kinda scared. Can this be a serious threat? What should I do? Just ignore and no matter what, don't answer?

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same email twice, from Hacker your face under review  is this just a hoax?  Has someone any experience dealing with this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a hoax, do not send them any money. I got the email twice and reported it to bitcoin. Sadly there are many people that have already sent them money. Do not reply to the message or send money. Just report it.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just received this same E-mail message. It says that the hacker has planted a keystroke logger in my browser and has already copied all of my files to a separate server. He said that unless I give him $500 in bitcoin, he would...... he didn't quite provide an exact "or else." The person who sent this email also claimed that they had a video of me taken from my webcam. I believe that the implication is that they are threatening to release the video of me alongside a **** they claimed I was watching. They also mentioned having all of my contacts. Some of the statements made by this person seemed rather generic, which is what has made me suspicious that this is a template email designed to scare people into paying money to him. 

I have received that email about 6 months ago claiming they had a video of me and what i was   Watching and if i didnt send them 800 bitcoins they would send it to all my contacts. I have electrical tape across my camera blocking it from getting a picture and i have a few contacts in my list of emails that are no longer used of a few friends. They are just trying to scare to paying. The only thing that caught my eye was a old password in the subject. I now change my password more often   If they do have all they say they have they will probably send it anyway if you pay them or dont 

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got one email today. It is really odds. It says it is because I visited ****. BUT I never ****!!!!!!!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same one just today!!! They are asking for 1500$$$ thats a lot of money!! I think im just going to wait and see what happens

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated October 10, 2023 Views 14,584 Applies to: