Trouble opening Microsoft Office apps

Hi 

I am having trouble opening any Microsoft Office apps. The error says: ‘The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.’

Any suggestion are much appreciated.

Answer
Answer
Hi SurabhiSharma1,

Thank you for posting your issue here.
Based on your description, we have searched much information. And we found some threads encounter the similar issue with yours. 
The similar threads:

And the answers of them are similar with MVP Rohn007 replied.
Therefore, I suggest you can try what MVP Rohn007 posts.

If your issue persists, we need confirm the following scenarios:

Did you open Office apps successfully? If so,  you can do the following suggestions:
1. Run repair to your Office from Control panel> Uninstall a program> select Microsoft 365 > change.
2. If you still can’t open Office, I recommend you can update your Office apps to the latest version because the new release with security and non-security updates always solve many problems.
Note: you can update from Microsoft 365 Portal.
3. If above suggestion doesn’t work for you, try to run Office app in safe mood to check whether it is caused by some add-ins. 
4. To check whether the issue was caused by inference with other apps in your PC. If above suggestions don’t work for you, try to start Windows in safe mode and check whether you can open Office apps.
If the suggestions above don’t work, for further assistance, would you mind provide your OS version(settings> system> about)?

Best regards,
May
-----------------------
* Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here.
* Once complete conversation about this topic, kindly Mark and Vote any replies to benefit others reading this thread.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 2, 2021 Views 694 Applies to: