My Windows 7 laptop freeze's at boot screen (startup screen)

Hi,
I've been having a problem where my laptop freeze's on the boot screen (startup screen), i have been searching for everything nothing has helped so far, safe mode does not fully load, the Repair your computer feature does not work, even the Startup Repair does not work. I don't want to lose all of my documents, files, programs and more that is worth a lot of money, im really going insane with this, i have spend more than 7 hours today just to see if i can fix this issue. This problem started today, i don't know what might have caused it, i haven't installed or uninstalled anything in this week, i haven't deleted any important files of the computer, i check up each month for viruses on my laptop and yesterday i checked for viruses and there's no viruses. There should be an solution to this issue, i don't want to buy another computer or lost all of my important documents, files and programs, can someone help?

My laptop specs, info and more: 
(also this laptop didn't have the Windows 7 Installation Disk CD).

Thanks for reading.

Hi Bryan,

1.    Do you get any error message when you try to do a startup repair? If yes, what is the complete error message?

2.    Did the computer come pre-installed with Windows 7 operating system? If yes, do you have the recovery disc?

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect any external devices except the keyboard, mouse and the monitor and check if the issue persists.

Method 2:

I would suggest you to perform Startup repair using Windows 7 boot DVD/USB (Universal Serial Bus):

What are the system recovery options in Windows 7?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/What-are-the-system-recovery-options-in-Windows-7

Note: You can also create a system repair disc that contains the System Recovery Options menu. For more information, see Create a system repair disc.

Method 3:

Refer to the article and follow the steps if you are unable to perform a Startup repair:

Windows Vista or Windows 7 no longer starts, and the Startup Repair tool does not fix the problem

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/934540

Let us know the results.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Rohit,

There where no error message on the startup repair, all i can see is the blue background and the cursor, it's been like this the whole time. Yes my computer was pre-installed with Windows 7, i don't have a recovery disc. Tried Method 1 and it does not work. I have a question on Method 2, can i create a system repair disc from another computer and use it in my laptop with the issue?. And i read the Method 3 article but im guessing i'll need the system repair disc, is this right?.

Thanks for replying!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bryan,

Yes you will be able to create a system repair disc from another computer which has the same operating system installed on the computer. However, as your computer came pre-installed with Windows operating system, I would suggest you to contact the system manufacturer for assistance.

You may also refer to the link for details regarding recovery discs:

Looking for Recovery Discs?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07143&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4308554&tmp_track_link=ot_search

Hope it helps.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rohit,

I have a blank disc but the problem is that every computer in my house is an Windows 7 32-bit, and the laptop with the issue is an Windows 7 64-bit, is there anyway to download a free program that can make or create an system repair disc for an Windows 7 64-bit? 

The link that you putted there tells you how to recover your computer without recovery discs, which it tells you to press F11 key until "Windows is loading files..." displays on the screen, this directs you to the startup repair, which in this case that does not work. Also it says how to create a recovery disc on your computer and how to order a recovery disc from HP in the United States and Canada, the link didn't help, i wish it could but it doesn't.

Thanks for the reply!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rohit,

I already found a system repair disc for my computer, but i don't know how to use it, i've tried many things to see if it would work but nothing, can you explain me how to use an system repair disc or how it works?

Thanks for reading!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Rohit,

After checking on the internet i found someone with the same issue as me and with the same laptop (here's the link: http://superuser.com/questions/350860/how-to-fix-windows-7-when-system-recovery-options-hangs), he found out that he had to wait 30 min or hours for the "Startup Repair" wizard appeared. Im going to try this, if this works then i guess it is my lucky day, if not well i guess i'll find another solution.

Anyways, Thanks for the help!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Bryan,

You may refer to these links to understand how to restore the computer from a system image backup:

What are the system recovery options in Windows?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-system-recovery-options#what-are-system-recovery-options=windows-7

Restore your computer from a system image backup

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/restore-your-computer-from-a-system-image-backup

Hope it helps.

Rohit S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated September 2, 2022 Views 1,121 Applies to: