OneNote won't sync SharePoint notebooks on Android phone: error 80004005

Hi everybody,

I really need to get this working - because I use OneNote for work - and this is extremely frustrating.

I have connected another SharePoint Notebook before without any problems, but today when trying to connect a new one it just wouldn't work and reported this error 80004005 ("We can't complete this task. Try again"). Prior to the error it was trying to retrieve sections, as far as it was written.

In an attempt to fix it I have uninstalled OneNote from my phone (Galaxy Note), then re-installed again - nothing worked. I have my private SkyDrive folder connected just fine. However now both of the SharePoint notebooks (the old one and the new one) were unable to synch and had the same error.

Is there any solution to this or is something going on with OneNote synching right now and is being fixed by somebody out there? I need it to work tomorrow...

My Office 365 is E3.

Thank you

Answer
Answer

Update 2: after a lot of trouble, I suspected my sub-site was having some issues (e.g. a Drop Off Library didn't have a "Remove" option), so I copied all content elsewhere, deleted the site, and then created a new one (lucky that it was only set up couple of days ago, so didn't have a lot in it).

After this the new notebook finally synched. I, however, decided to save everything in one section only - don't know multiple sections can cause problems, but just to be on the safe side.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 1, 2021 Views 4,946 Applies to: