Security Info Change

So i recently clicked the forgot security info option for my acvount and i am now on the 30 day wait period. I did this because i have only one email associated with this account and i dont have access to it. I understand the purpose of the 30 day wait period. My question is when those 30 days are up, what will the resest process look like? Can change the email without having access to the current and only email associate with my account?
Answer
Answer

Hi NL,

Thanks for coming to the forums with this great question. Following the 30 day period, you can definitely make more security changes to your account, if necessary. Of course, this would mean another 30 days, but really, there's no price on having a secure account! If you no longer have access to that email associated with the account, it would be best to add another email that you do have access to, to be on the safe side, and of course, help out with account recovery and authentication.

Have a look at the following articles, as they're really good sources of information on this subject:

Update all of your Microsoft account security information

Add security information to your Microsoft account

Delete your Microsoft account security info

Verify the security information for your Microsoft account

Some of the information may be repetitive, but definitely useful for making your account secure. They'll also be a great resource when making any further changes.

I hope that this help out and please let us know if you have any further questions, as we'd be more than happy to help!

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi NL,

Thanks for the reply! The information in your account will remain the same, other than any changes you have made. Typically, if you've added a phone number or email, it can be in use in about 48 hours, but it takes that 30 day period to really engage so as to protect your account from any hackers and such.

Hope that helps a bit more!

Regards,
XBF Amber M
Microsoft Agent | Moderator
(๑•ᴗ•๑)♡
"Video games are bad for you? That's what they said about rock-n-roll." ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 119 Applies to: