Playing New Games on XBox 360 S console with 4GB internal memory

I purchased Call of Duty Advanced Warfare last week and my XBox 360 will not allow it to download. I even purchased a 1T external hard drive. I was on the live chat earlier today and the rep said that the game would not run on an external hard drive. I found the box that my XBox console came in and it only has 4GB and after watching Youtube I discovered that there is a "compartment" that holds a hard drive and when I open it, it's empty. I never knew it was even there. I'm not understanding why the game won't download its components to the external drive that I just paid good money for. There is a hard drive for the console that can be bought for $109. Can anybody give me any suggestions so that I can actually play my game?

it is because you need the internal hard drive that is sold for 360 systems they come in 250, 320 and 500.  the 4 gig model is for casual players that do not care about downloading anything onto it and just want to play the games.   in your case you will need the MS hard drive sorry.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

4Gigs xbox 360 is not a hd its flash memory

You can buy the optional hd. But some games do require a hd because thwy are too big

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't use external storage initially. However, you can move your games onto external storage once they have been downloaded. Your internal 4 GB is just flash memory for things like system updates and other system files. It's not really meant to hold any games. Buy an internal HDD from Microsoft--not eBay.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 19, 2021 Views 791 Applies to: