Ok, I Admit It, This Game Made Me Rage Less When I Played Casual.

Ok, I admit it, this game made me rage less when I didn't play it serious and competitively.

When I first got this game, I didn't mind Sword Block, Or Armor Lock, or Bloom.

Ok, I can counter Armor Lock! Just wait 3 seconds and pop a grenade!

Sword Block? Ok! I died, so what?

Oh, this spammer beat me when I was pacing at mid range? Fine!

Now that I'm playing for stats, that's all -blam!- BS.

WHY SHOULD I HAVE TOO COUNTER ARMOR LOCK? WHY SHOULD HE HAVE 6 SECONDS THAT COULD SAVE HIS LIFE? I clearly out played him! I'm the better player, I SHOULD WIN, he should not have 6 extra seconds of life that could possibly save him and have me die!

Why should luck affect wither or not I die? WHY SHOULD HE BE ABLE TO KILL ME BY SPAMMING ONE TIME BUT I KILL HIM BY PACING NEXT TIME?

Why should be able to counter my sword? I once had a guy counter my Sword THREE TIMES. I go in for a guy with a sword, easy kill right? Oh wait, sword block, ok I'll get him again... ARMOR LOCK? ARMOR LOCK AGAIN?  Why should he be able to have a second chance to kill me while I'm using a power weapon?

This isn't Halo to me! This feels more like I'm playing a bad gimmick shooter trying to pass off as a Halo Title!

When I died in Halo 3, I didn't feel cheated! I was bested! The guy out BR'd me! He out Sniped me! He out played me! I don't feel out played when I get Armor Locked Spammed to death, or grenade spammed to death! I feel cheated!

Also, I figured out how to glitch the system a bit and post threads from my IPod now! YAY! ;)

NOTICE: Playing Serious=/= Not playing for fun. Yes, I rage, yes I play for stats, but I'm still having fun, I HAVE FUN WINNING, SPAWN KILLING, GOING POSITIVE, IT'S ALL FUN!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I know exactly what you mean, if you start playing well stats mean more to ya, you wanna prove your a better player and then you start playing more seriously but then when you lose/die you feel cheated and blame the game.

I feel the same when i play Reach.  I'm not sure if it's because when i started playing Halo 3 i was truely awful because i was new to online mutliplayer, my initial stats were crap on Halo 3 so i always got progressively better.

When Reach came out, i kind of expected to be decent at it, and although my stats aren't bad i wouldn't say i'm as good as i'd like to be at the game.   Also i don't like to adapt my playstyle on Reach, i dislike armor abilities so i always just set it to sprint, whereas on Halo 3 everyone starts the game on the level, so i feel i'm never guna improve on the game.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

well clearly the amrour lock guy out played you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Zen, it helps you enjoy a game with calm tranquility.

.......Unless you are playing Castlevania III.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Drzg"]

well clearly the amrour lock guy out played you

[/quote]

No. All this debate about people arguing over Armor Lock can be broken into different things. Armor Lock brings foreward a whole formula to the table in Halo gaming. People don't know how to put it into words on how to describe their hate for Armor Lock. I think I have found an accurate way. Armor Lock is a "Reactive" armor ability. Many of the powerups in all Halo games require you to be "Proactive" about your situation. You have to know its coming before it happens. Armor lock is a "Whoops, I forgot to check, o well I guess I'll use armor lock and do better next time!"

This is the frustrating part. Players have no reason to be "Proactive" because of Armor Lock. They have been so use to using Armor Lock they fail to be proactive. He didn't get outplayed, the armor locked player was outplayed and failed to be "Proactive" and check his situation, he was outplayed and should have died. Armor Lock is nothing more than a "Get out of Jail free card." You don't have to be aware of your surroundings and thats what the most frustrating part of Armor Lock is. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

So if a team has an Armor Locker, and someone with Active Camo. The two hang out together. AC guy hangs out in a corner while AL dude runs around and draws hapless victims to the AC guy. You 'proactively' go after AL dude, who obviously locks up when he's got you where he wants you. AC guy moves in for the assassination. You have been outplayed.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Being proactive about a situation requires you to know its coming. That would be a good example of the situation. For example, Watch this video clip.

A player has Armor Lock and gets stuck by a plasma grenade across the map. ACROSS THE MAP. Whats his thinking? "O Crap I was stuck, guess I'll just armor lock and move on". He was clearly outplayed and was "reactive" to the situation as armor lock is. Halo playing has always been about being proactive and knowing the situation before it occurs. Even if its calling out a teammate has rockets, sniper in the objective, they got the flag on a mongoose. They could have possesion of the tank and you need to get the laser. Armor Lock allows players to have no need for communication. You have temorarily invincibility and that is more than enough call for abuse in a first person shooter game. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

at the end of the day who won the fight

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How is it being outplayed when you put 4 shots in and go for the final headshot and then he armor locks?  During the 6 seconds he armor locks, his entire team spawns behind him and you get team shot.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

My biggest beef with Armor Lock is if you stick someone with a blue ball they can just press LB and they magically get unstuck. That's just bs to me. If I stick someone they should be stuck, there shouldn't be any question about it, especially because no other Armor Abilities can unstick you. Even though that hasn't happened to me too many times, it's still something I feel is just not right. Armor Lock otherwise I'm pretty indifferent too, just a different play style from mine, even if it does cause more annoyance than any other Ability.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Being fairly new to Halo. I played a few games of team slayer and got slaughtered. Kept trying and got nowhere. Discovered firefight and found that more enjoyable. Then i got Halo 3. Had a shot of team slayer, expected to get slaughtered but actually did ok. I don't know why i cant play Reach. I get killed with one shot but when i shoot at someone's head, nothing happens. I guess i just suck.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 11 Applies to: