Is MW2 really that bad or do I just have horrible luck? Need honest opinions :)

Well I'm desperately trying to get back into MW2 while anticipating the release of MW3 and I am just having a horrible experience all around. Every match seems to be nothing but grenade launchers, MAJOR killstreak spam and general all around douchbaggery. Don't get me wrong I enjoy the game even through all the flaws, just discovered the M4 man I love that gun IDK why I've never used it!

But my question is............................Should I give MW3 the chance it deserves? I really am trying to avoid jumping to the conclusion that most people are which is "MW2 is flawed so MW3 will be just as bad". But every time I pop in MW2 I find it harder to believe that MW3 will be an improvement over MW2.

What do you guys think? Should I give MW3 a chance?

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

MW3 won't have the spam tubbing or possible ksr douchbaggery MW2 has. Personally I think it will be a huge improvement gameplay wise over MW2, and the only thing that will seem to be abundant are the easy kill quick-scopers. If you're able to rent it, I say do it before spending your cash if you don't end up liking it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

MW2 is a lot harder to succeed in then your average FPS.  Most people don't have the strategic mindset to figure out how to counter the various load outs MW2 because they were too used to using 100% steady scoped sniper rifles the other "top" fps's offer.  If you can survive and get positive k/d's every match in MW2, every other fps will just seem dull and boring because MW is the only series that does have such a unique blend of styles to play.  I feel MW3 will be much easier to be good in, but getting good at MW2 before release won't really hurt you in the future.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Rasta, you are so full of ***.  MW2 is the easiest fps to do good in.  Its not hard at all so stop acting like it is.  Just about every other shooter on the market takes more strategy.  Halo, BF , Homefront, and Brink all take more "skill".  Your fanboyism is laughable.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Nobody really sucks at MW2 just don't mind all the Commando/OMA noobtubing idiots.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

Rasta, you are so full of ***.  MW2 is the easiest fps to do good in.  Its not hard at all so stop acting like it is.  Just about every other shooter on the market takes more strategy.  Halo, BF , Homefront, and Brink all take more "skill".  Your fanboyism is laughable.

[/quote] Yeah ok if it's so easy and everyone is good at MW2 how come everyone in every lobby isn't 25-0 at the end of each game?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Rastafarian204"]

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

[/quote] Yeah ok if it's so easy and everyone is good at MW2 how come everyone in every lobby isn't 25-0 at the end of each game?

[/quote]

[facepalm] Because that wouldn't make any sense... Just think about it for a second. [/facepalm]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="The Blessings"]

[quote user="Rastafarian204"]

[quote user="BEASTmmb"]

[/quote]

[facepalm] Because that wouldn't make any sense... Just think about it for a second. [/facepalm]

[/quote]  No it doesn't make sense.  There will always be good players and bad kids.  Not everyone can pick up the sticks and go 25-0.  The concept of a FPS shooter is very simple, yes, you point a gun at your enemy and fire.  Or throw the grenade at the camper you just can't let go and constantly keep running back at.  It's not that hard to figure out.  But when you got these kids coming on here talking like "Anyone can be good at MW2," that's a lie, the only people that are truly good are the ones that have good reflexs and can control the sticks smoothly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely agree with you.

Every time I play MW2 I get more deaths from grenades, 203's, and the lame kill streak rewards than I do from actual bullets being fired from a gun.

I hardly ever die from bullets.

It's pretty messed up...

the kill streak rewards have ruined the game.

There should be game types that don't allow grenades or 203's, that way we can actually test each others skill with the weapons in the game, instead of who can spam grenades the best.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Call of duty is very easy to be good at....for me anyways, I struggle way more in halo then call of duty.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's tough to come back and want to play well when you haven't played in a long time. It's overwhelming. MP is so fast paced and if you're on a bad team, the problems just multiply. Many people just run around with their head cut off.  You really need to be in sync with what's going on.

I greatly enjoyed the time I put in on MP. I wasn't bothered by the perks, tubes, streaks, etc as much as I was bothered by the extremely stupid players who blamed their retardedness on the game instead of themselves. Guess what? You don't have to go for that payback and keep giving them kills. You don't have to cap all 3 domination spots. Do you really need a CG on SnD?

We all know that MW3 will play like 2 so for those that didn't like 2, don't get too excited. When the game comes out, the crying and wailing on the forums will begin. I play and adapt to the game. I pay the same $60 as another gamer for the game he's crying about and I'm not. Now expand that to millions of people. Why should the devs adjust the game to suit them? Better yet, why do people get upset when they don't change it when there's countless others who already like the game as it is?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 10, 2022 Views 342 Applies to: