GUIDE TO HOW TO PLAY CALL OF DUTY: 4 SAFELY

Hello there, For the last few days I've been playing COD: 4 and got to prestige 1 and now im trying to get to level 55 and move onto COD: WAW to prestige on it aswell. I've been playing for some time and learnt a few things. Obviously the game is full of cheaters/hackers. This is how to avoid problems such as the famous one (being de-ranked) and more.

- Firsly I've found out that there is less cheaters/hackers during the mornings (from 6 -- 12 AM GBT) this is because most of the hackers are from the UK and USA. They are sleeping at this time. Stil you will find one of them once in a while.

- Im not sure this is just my thinking but instead of going on games with less players you should join games where there's lots of people such as Ground War. Hackers don't like to risk it there because they dont want to get reported by lots of people and they can get banned.

- If a hacker does join and starts spamming on the top-left side of the screen. You should press the middle X on your controller and go to the dashboard. So you don't have their infection (Im not sure about this and read about doing this on one of the posts on this forums but still I do it to stay safe). If someone can tell me why it's recommended to do this then please tell me.

- NEVER join an infected lobby, if someone sends you a message sayings "FR33 1NF3CT10N5, C0M3 J01N M4H G4M3 1T'5 0P3N!11!!!1!!". Not only you risk being de-ranked or being in a de-ranking lobby (and if you do keep reading because I've found a solution ). You also can be banned.

-  As I just said NEVER join an infected lobby. But still you might not even know if you are joining one. So i suggest if you ever get a random COD 4 game invite. Do not join, unless you know the person. NOT even if you played a few games with them. ONLY if you know them PERSONALLY.

- When you join a game and there's no hackers spamming on it, stay on that one. Encourage people to stay on the lobby and if one of them goes, they could be replaced by a hacker and they would start spamming their websites and stuff. Just do what I said if this happens.

- If a de-ranking hacker joins your game and you kill someone and get - EXP you MUST inmediatly TURN YOUR XBOX OFF or GO TO THE DASHBOARD so that is not saved.

- NOW one of the major problems everyone is asking is how to fix the de-ranking problem. It's basically the opposite of being de-ranked. You need a hacker that can fix this. Join a game for example Team Deathmatch and if you spot a hacker send them a personal message asking them if they can help your un-ranked problem. If they say no, Just keep on looking you'll find one eventually. Then the hacker should invite you to a game. (I know this is going a bit against most of the things I said, but do this if you badly want to level up again). Now I recommend that in the game it should be just yourself and the hacker. No more people. The hacker usually changes the game a bit and spawns bots I think. Then each time you kill a bot you get +20000000 EXP a kill. Do this a few times until you see that you level up. There you go, your problem is fixed. I suggest that you leave after your problem is fixed so you don't get into any trouble.

Thank you for reading everyone and hope this helps, any questions or comments please feel free to comment, see you on LIVE!

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"] this is because most of the hackers are from the UK and USA. [/quote]

Nonsense.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"]You should press the middle X on your controller and go to the dashboard. [/quote]

[quote user="Goldy Matt"]If someone can tell me why it's recommended to do this then please tell me.[/quote]

this is because backing out via the start button auto saves your game and at the same time save the derank or infection to your gamertag,dashboarding does not.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"]TURN YOUR XBOX OFF [/quote]

turning off your console at the mains while the disc is spinning can damage your drive.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"]You need a hacker that can fix this. Join a game for example Team Deathmatch and if you spot a hacker send them a personal message asking them if they can help your un-ranked problem.[/quote]

sending a message to anyone asking to join a modded game,whether it is to fix your own derank or not,can result in a lifetime ban from live.

any participation in any modded games whether by invite or randomly joining can result in a permanent live ban if witness by xblpet.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Well I know I've got some points wrong. But Im just trying to put everything that I saw in these forums all togheter.1- There's quite a lot of modders from the UK and USA from what I saw. 2- Thanks 3- Alright, I diden't know that 4- I know this is not right, But it's for people really desperate to level up again.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

About these infections.

Yesterday I joined a team deathmatch and noticed that when I was moving it was like being on an ice rink.

Was that an infection?

I immediately panicked and returned to the dashboard . What would have happened if I carried on playing?. Would the infection have been permanent? or could I have got banned.?

Also do all infections have those annoying spam messages coming up on the left of the screen?

Can I be sure that if I don't see those messages then there are no modders in the game?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, Sometimes modders do change the game settings. I recommend getting off those ones and going to look for a new game and yes I think it was. If you carried on playing I don't think nothing bad would of happened since you weren't the one breaking the rules but I still get out of those games. I can't wait till I reach level 55 and get my Golden guns. Then I can move on. Most of the modders advertise the websites they get infections from but some modders don't advertise so you have to be carefull always. If you see negative XP go to the dashboard straight away. If you don't see any messages it's usually a clean lobby (That's the nearest I can say) But there will be one or two modders maybe changing how they play themselves such as making themselves have more health, etc.. Just make sure that you report them if you can. If you want you can add me and we can level up togheter or something.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"] If you carried on playing I don't think nothing bad would of happened since you weren't the one breaking the rules[/quote]

actively Participating in any modded lobbies of any kind can result in a permanent live ban,you are breaking the code of conduct by continuing.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"] If you don't see any messages it's usually a clean lobby [/quote]

the modders learned long ago that the messages were giving them away,no messages on screen does not mean its a clean lobby.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Theowenkiller do you play the game, You seem to know a lot of it. If you still play it can you play it with me because I just want to finish levelling up. I did not intend to do anything bad. I just wanted to help people out and make COD 4 great like it was again although it's not possible anymore. Sorry if I did anything bad :L

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Give themselves more health?

That could explain why it seems harder to kill some people in some games. Unfortunately though I can't really report them without proof like those spam messages on left of screen. It could just be that I suck

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Goldy Matt"]Theowenkiller do you play the game, You seem to know a lot of it[/quote]

I have been playing many years and fighting the modders just as long.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everyone on this forum should add each other and play COD:4 togheter and make a lobby where we play togheter. I've seen one of the post on this forum that talks about just doing that.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Malacath"]Unfortunately though I can't really report them without proof like those spam messages on left of screen. It could just be that I suck[/quote]

a good way of telling who the modders are without proof on screen is to look at their achievements for the game,you can find this via your recently played with list.

most of the modders have all the achievements unlocked on the same day or have gone from 0-10 prestige in one day indicated by the two 0G achievements.

they could also have the online achievements unlocked while offline i.e no date stamp.

you can report these people for system tampering.

edit,the 0G achievements are for world at war.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 23 Applies to: