Fan Q&A

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php?/topic/1207390-skyrim-fan-interview/

Key points:

- Further denial to confirm or deny Vampires/Werewolves (Y U NO TALK TODD?!?)

- Cuirass and Greaves = one and the same now. However, there is a ton of armor sets to counter the loss of, yet another, item slot. So at least there's compensation this time.

- Loot and Quest Rewards have different scaling.

- Todd gives BS reasons for why they refuse to add in spears, medium armor, mark/recall, and levitation

- You can get married and have your spouse live in your home.

- Dragon armor is back

- Magic items are recharged by soul items (again). For the Enchant skill, you learn how to use enchantments by breaking down items that have the enchantment you want (Ex: You want to learn how to enchant a sword with fire damage on strike, so you find an item that does fire damage on strike and "break it down" in order to use that enchantment in your own items)

- Companions have perks that make them unique (ala New Vegas)

- No morality system. Your actions matter and are pointed out by NPCs, but you do not have a stat in your menu that says something like "Very Evil".

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm really not sure how I feel about the fact you can get married... It seems awfully Fabley (Not that I dislike Fable, but I also don't dislike Peggle yet don't think Skyrim should be taking cues from it).

Reducing the armour to less pieces is a bit sucky.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

I rather like the marriage idea in Elder Scrolls terms. At least here the people you merry will have a personality and appear smarter than an annoying chipmunk. I believe it will add alot to the game in terms of immersion and not in what Peter Molyneux believes makes a great game (granted i still like to play his games).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SMOKINSOMTHIN"]

I rather like the marriage idea in Elder Scrolls terms. At least here the people you merry will have a personality and appear smarter than an annoying chipmunk. I believe it will add alot to the game in terms of immersion and not in what Peter Molyneux believes makes a great game (granted i still like to play his games).

[/quote]

You don't know that. If the NPCs are anything like the ones in Oblivion marriage is going to be just as bland and boring as it is in Fable.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Despite the fact that I'm now referring to it as The Elder Scrolls V: Fable I'm fairly certain it can't be that bland. (I hope).

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have an inkling that "romancing" an NPC will consist of just playing the speechcraft mini-game until you reach a certain disposition.

As for the blandness, look at Oblivion, how many of the NPC had true character? I can't think of even one, I doubt that they went though each and every NPC in Skyrim and fixed that. And if I recall with the companions, they said that they are going for more variety and options than than Fallout 3 but with less detail and depth.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If any of you are willing to answer, what is your opinion on the development of Skyrim so far? Some of you keep up with the news better than me, so I'm just curious as to whether your optimistic or pessimistic about it being top notch. Especially those of you who are long time fans and have seen better than Oblivion.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is a dangerous path. Just as New Vegas was.

New Vegas took the gameplay of FO3 and improved it, but the story and level scaling went down a much more classic path similar to the older games. I honestly think New Vegas is leaps and bounds ahead of FO3 in almost every respect imho, but you'll see a lot of people whine and complain about it and go on and on about how much better FO3 was. Obsidian tried to make the game appeal to the newer "fanbase" (I use the term lightly) as well as the people who had been playing the series since the original. It overall seemed to not fare well with the newer fanbase.

Skyrim looks like it's trying to keep the Oblivion kids (read: people who had never played an RPG before and thought Oblivion was the pinnacle of humanity or something) happy while still trying to pull back in the veterans who hated Oblivion. It's doing a decent job so far.

It really just feels like they're trying their best to appeal to everyone, but if you follow BGSF at all you probably know it's not working so well. They've cut a lot of things (crossbows, spears, medium armor, levitation, mark and recall, skills, attributes, the list goes on and on), but if you can turn into a Werewolf again and the Dwemer ruins are as creative and fun as they were at times in Morrowind, I'll defiantly enjoy Skyrim 100x more than I did Oblivion. The rest of the game looks good but it's still in development so it's all in the air right now.

That's how I feel.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Relationships now? Awesome. Time to go find me a nice Nord woman.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

^^ Or a Khajiit?

They're... agile.

Anyway, getting married is optional, so if the npc's are heavily lacking in the personality-departement, I'll just tell them to sod off.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

ewwwww. lol

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 3 Applies to: