Can't reset password to Minecraft

Hi,

I can't reset the password on my son's Minecraft account. We've tried everything, but it seems like that either the email has been changed, or there is something blocking the email being sent out for password reset.

I've tried to ask in Mojangs support, but they refer me to Microsoft due to the type of account being Bedrock edition of Minecraft. We're playing on PC, but I don't know where to post the questions, therefore it goes into Xbox category.

We've approached Microsoft earlier and gotten the response that we should contact Mojang, who in terms point to Microsoft - please don't defer the question again, they still keep pointing in this direction for support.

Thank you.

Hi there,

Not sure why Microsoft is pointing you to Mojang :/

Mostly, you'll find on the forums is volunteers, especially on the Xbox Forums. We're Ambassadors trying to help out in the community, and do not have account access to reverse changes. What I'd ask you to do however is check the email you believe is tied to the Microsoft account and double check if it's been changed to a new email. That'd help further the process, as the representative was probably mainly confused on what was happening and didn't understand that Bedrock is tied to a Microsoft account (which would be unlikely, but could happen).

Thank you!

Alex Frantz
Xbox Ambassador

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 20, 2023 Views 477 Applies to: