Xbox One Idea/Feature: Reminder Feature

Feature: Reminder / Voice Reminder

Why Should It Be Implemented?

Scenario: Say for instance you're 18+ and either need to go pick up a family member; however, you're in deep into a game and have tendencies to forget. With the Xbox One Reminder / Voice Reminder Feature....You can command the Xbox: "Xbox Remind Me To Pick Up Sister." or "Xbox Remind Me To Take Out The Trash." ( Reminder good for children who want to avoid being punished for not doing their chores, because they forgot)

Why I Think It Would Be Effective?

It would make the Xbox One into more of a all in one console for households. Say for instance you have a family that likes to use the Xbox One for watching movies or Live TV, and they need to be reminded of the food in the oven, or whatever it may be. The feature will help save them the trouble of overcooking food for not remembering.

So what do you all think, would it be effective? I have more ideas that I think would be just as profitable.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

It certainly could work and is a valid idea. This is one of the first genuine ideas I've liked in a while.  Good call there mate. I think it's a great idea for an all in one console. I don't really think it has to be a profit thing though. Just an add online reminders on smart phones.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

That was meant to add on like reminders on smartphones.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems like a good idea.  I currently use my phone for things like that but it often gets stuck between couch cushions or i dont pay attention to it while gaming.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

even kick it up a notch and add a alarm feature that would turn on the TV and play music or something of the users choice. could be great for taking an afternoon nap on the couch.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeah I wouldn't want them to charge currency for the add-on, or however they may do it. But I think it's nice feature for people to say that it makes the Xbox One better than the PS4.

Also, thanks for the encouraging words of support everyone. Hopefully one of the Microsoft Staff/Admins or someone important sees this, and suggests the idea in a meeting to the higher ups.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

All that would be needed is an app that uses the notification system. I can definitely see this happening, the only question I have is, who would create/maintain the app?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I didn't think as far as a Mobile App for the Phone and Xbox One to tie together.

I was just thinking along the lines of the Xbox One just simply reminding Players that they need to do something.

For example, just as it notifies us of our friends being online, it would notify us that we need to Clean our room, fold the towels, or whatever it was that we told the Xbox to remember.

It can even be like a Voice Note that we relay for ourselves later or just a scheduled notification.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DrizDaKid"]

I didn't think as far as a Mobile App for the Phone and Xbox One to tie together.

I was just thinking along the lines of the Xbox One just simply reminding Players that they need to do something.

For example, just as it notifies us of our friends being online, it would notify us that we need to Clean our room, fold the towels, or whatever it was that we told the Xbox to remember.

It can even be like a Voice Note that we relay for ourselves later or just a scheduled notification.

[/quote]What you're asking for is an alarm clock, possibly one with a calendar function (so you can set multiple alarms throughout the week for example) that works in sync with the notification system on the console.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated December 3, 2022 Views 186 Applies to: