Xbox live gold unfair!!!

I love the new updates and the apps.  But i have a problem with all the new stuff being for xbox live gold members.  Youtube is free, Next flix i am paying them for the service...facebook is a free socail network app.  Why do i need a gold member ship to acess free stuff that i can do any a phone, tv, computer.   I feel that the facebook, youtube and netflix should be used my silver members as well.  I can understand maybe some of the other services...but netflix...i am paying them monthly already...plus i paying xbox to go online and play games ..come on man.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Or their perks for gold members. You don't pay for those services you recieve them as perks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Were not being charged for facebook, youtube  etc, the price of gold now, is the same as before these were available, its a perk of going gold!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

@Big Nik UK Actually you are kinda paying for all these new updates.  Microsoft raised the price of gold $10 for the very reason that they are adding all of these new features, which I think is bogus..

@Sonic I would have to agree that items like netflix, hulu plus, ESPN, ect. I shouldn't have to have a gold membership for cuse I have to pay extra for these services.  What is it that Microsoft is providing here?  The fact that they developed the apps for these services?  Big deal, if they are going to require you to be a gold member for these payed services then gold should include the price for these services.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The price of a Gold Membership was raised well before this update was released.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Sonic Tails85"]

I love the new updates and the apps.  But i have a problem with all the new stuff being for xbox live gold members.  Youtube is free, Next flix i am paying them for the service...facebook is a free socail network app.  Why do i need a gold member ship to acess free stuff that i can do any a phone, tv, computer.   I feel that the facebook, youtube and netflix should be used my silver members as well.  I can understand maybe some of the other services...but netflix...i am paying them monthly already...plus i paying xbox to go online and play games ..come on man.

[/quote]

Youtube is free - ON Youtube (on a PC).  Paying for Gold gives you the 'perk' of being able to use in on your living room TV. 

-

Same with Netflix - it's an added 'Perk' for Gold members to be able to stream to our TV's rather than having to watch on a PC. 

-

Same with Facebook, Twitter, etc. Yes, these are free services - but paying for Gold gives you the extra 'perk' of being able to use these serives from the comfort of your sofa. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm sorry, but it's not much of a "perk" for Gold members when you can use netflix, youtube ect. on other consoles or TVs with online connection with no extra online fee.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think it is - especially when Silver members seem a bit annoyed that they can't have it.  ;)  

-

And like Xbox Dude said - the price of Live was raised LONG before this udpate.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry to say this but Xbox LIVE gold membership was raised in advance for the release of all the new apps from $7.99 to $9.99 so technically you are paying for these service/apps in advance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I get this weird sense of deja vu.... like i've already read this thread 37 times prior to this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i dnt see me paying a fee to access all site or netflix on wii. i dnt see me paying for psn to watch netflix. so why does xbl think they can charge u for it. i will always pay for gold i just dnt see why they would make you have gold for these features.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 73 Applies to: