Xbox Live account hacked/hijacked. Email changed and hacker is still using my account daily. What can I do?

Someone hijacked my account gamertag: Schrammwow and has been using my account every day. He changed the email from my email to his email. I tried resetting the email and password and he hacked it again and changed the email to his email [Mod Removed- Personal Information] so I no longer reset the password or email to regain control of my account.  He fradulently gifted games to his other account [Mod Removed- Personal Information]. My friends and I report my hijacked account every few days and have called/ direct messaged microsoft and xbox and they either haven't responded or don't care and said "Just make a new account. Sorry." Any way y'all can help me or give me advice on how to ban my hijacked account? Or actually reach customer service that actually could help me?

TL;DR: My account was hijacked and email was changed. Hacker uses my account (Schrammwow) daily we've reported him and contacted microsoft and xbox and they don't care and haven't responded or said "sorry. make a new account" does anyone know someone I can call to get my hijacked account banned account or back in my control?

You would need to contact support and have them start an unauthorized access investigation. 1-800-4my-xbox if you're in the US/Canada or http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

First of all, in case you get your account back, make sure you harden the security of your account. 

When you go to https://account.live.com/Proofs/Manage you can check which security proofs (secondary email or phone number) you have to recover your account (check that the hacker didn't add their own email or phone number, so they could re-recover your account again with their personal information). 

Then enable "Two Step Verification" and install an authenticator app on your phone. That way, whenever a hacker gets your password somehow and tries to sign in from a different device, they are asked for a code that ONLY your phone can provide, or the code is sent to an email or phone number in your security info. So make sure the hacker does NOT have access to your personal emails as well. 

So please contact the official support again by going to https://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Then make sure you have enough proof to prove them you are the rightful owner of the account. For example by providing them with a credit card number or bank account number that is attached to the account, that the hacker used to gift games to. 

After support helped you to get your account back, use the instructions above to make your account hacking proof. 

Did my post help you? Please click on "Yes" below or choose it as the answer to your problem. Thanks! (ᵔᴥᵔ)

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 8, 2024 Views 3,570 Applies to: