Where's my 4GB of internal memory.

Hi,

I bought a used XBox S at EB Games with no hard drive. I assumed it has the 4GB internal memory, but if I go to the Storage Settings, it doesn' show me any storage, so I wonder if EB Games has removed the original harddrive (to sell separately) and my xbox doesn't have any internal memory since originally was a unit with hard drive.

Anybody know if the 4GB would be shown on the Storage settings? Or if not, how can I know the 4GB is there?

Thanks

Paulo

[quote user="Limpin9Do9"]I bought a used XBox S at EB Games with no hard drive.[/quote]First mistake.[quote]I wonder if EB Games has removed the original harddrive[/quote]Yes.[quote]since originally was a unit with hard drive.[/quote]Is it a glossy black? Was it made before August or September 2011? Yes? Then it originally had a HDD. The Matte 250GB 360 S has only just entered the channel.

If you're within your seven day return period, return it to EB.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the answer. It is glossy black and before august for sure. I have it for couple months already. It works perfectly and I knew it has no hard drive, but no internal memory was a surprise. Too bad because I assumed all Xbox have the 4GB memory, even the ones with hard drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

yeah if it is glossy black then it will not have any internal memory as the console was supposed to come with a 250gb hard drive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the information. It is a bummer, but there is nothing I could do now other than buying a hard drive...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Limpin9Do9"] but there is nothing I could do now other than buying a hard drive...

[/quote]Not so much.  There is another option.  Get yourself some USB memory sticks.  You can plug in two 16Gb USB memories for a total of 32Gb.  Significantly more than the 4Gb internal memory, and much cheaper than the hard drive.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Limpin9Do9"]I have it for couple months already. It works perfectly[/quote]It should not have worked perfectly, especially on Live. A storage device of some sort (HDD or MU) is required for Live. A storage device has been required since NXE went live in November, 2008.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 426 Applies to: