Warranty issue MUST READ

I have a power supply issue with my Day1 Xbox One. I also have extended warranty through microsoft.  I talked to MS support on Dec 3 they issued me a service request ticket and I had 30 days to send the power supply in. I sent the PSU by UPS ground  on Dec 19 which cost ME $11, the service center in Houston received it on Dec 26. per tracking 1z40344f0300163872

I'm thinking great I should receive my new PSU around the new year. Jan 3, I check the status for the first time. The Service Request was cancelled! By who? No one knows!! Well MS has my  PSU so now what?

MS support told me not to worry they would make a NEW service request ticket and escalate it. Great! but Support can only send the escalated request to what is known as an Advocacy team. Support does not know who these people are, Support can not contact them directly at all but said this advocacy team would contact me by email within 5 days! Well 28 days and now 3 escalations later I have not heard one word from this Advocacy team. I have contacted MS support  many times It finally led me to talk to the supervisor Emily on Jan 22 she said she would write the new ticket and would follow back with me on Jan 31. I told her ok, but what are we going to do then? She was thinking this advocacy team would contact me and I told her they won't, they haven't so far so what makes you think they are going to send me a email now?  Basically Emily has no idea what can be done! This is the truth on MS support! their hands are tide with this Advocacy team that they can't contact them directly! The can only request escalation of the request then it goes into space! poof! nada nothing Gone!

I alsonasked them if I could purchase a new PSU while I wait on the warranty, I just want to get back to gaming! They said they do not sell the PSU separately!

So now I am very concerned that I have over $750 invested, (Day 1  console, extra controller, 3 Day1 Games, Extended warranty) and it could be all for not! I'm not sure what to do, or who to go to after Emily effort goes for not! 

This stuff is supper scary! I'm held hostage with nowhere to turn. 

I need help! I just want my power supply!

Wish I could help, but I've been in the same boat since Dec 17th. I, too, am awaiting this supposed Advocacy team. Was told they'd contact me in 3 days, but all I got was another agent assuring me is was still being escalated. That was the 20th of January.

But you can order one! User SKy3MaJ posted a handy guide. It's for out of area people, so you can skip some steps and go straight to ordering it:

Here is what I came up with:

1. Try to remember an old friend of yours in one of the “supported” and 220V countries

2. Go to myservice.xbox.com

3. Log in an register the console you bought in the US

4. Go to Devices->Xbox One->Replace an accessory

5. Pick “Power supply”, and click “Next”

6. Now you will be presented with an option of replacing your current supply with a new one. That’s not what you want to do. Oddly enough, click on “Select an accessory not shown”

7. Now you will be able to actually order a new power supply

8. Enter your friend’s address and other data

9. Chose the proper locale in the upper right corner – it shouldn’t be “United States”, unless you want another 110V power supply

10. Accept all terms & conditions, follow the instructions, and enter your credit card number

11. Ask your friend to send you the power supply.

Now if you live in a "supported" country, but you just bought the console in the US, you can skip steps 1 and 11 :) I live in a country that is not supported, but the voltage & plugs are the same as in Germany. So I did exactly what I wrote above, and a German-compatible power supply has been shipped to my friend's address in Germany.

Now, this didn't come from Xbox support, it's something I came up with, and I don't know the results until I really get the supply in my hands, so do it on your own risk. However, I am reasonably confident the things will play out well.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried this today, so no confirmation of results as yet, but looks like the best bet so far.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I got the same experience with Advocacy group and Support. I got my case escalated 3 times.

Here's my account on what happened which I posted in Gripevine.com

I contacted Xbox support for xbox one on dec 17 2013 to report a defective controller. I shipped my controller on Dec 23 out of my own pocket thru FEDEX. Delivery was confirmed on Dec 27 and it was signed for. One week went by my service request status has not changed and then I decided to call Microsoft Support and they told me they have no way of communicating with the Service Center and they do acknowledge that they have received my package. Support told me to wait 7-10 days processing. I waited another 10 business day and nothing.

I called Microsoft Non-Support again and they told me they will escalate this and someone in the MS Advocacy group will email me. Four days passed no email nor phone call. Called MS Support again and got it escalated again. Finally I got a break, Darius Cunningham from the MS Advocacy group emailed me on Jan 17. On his email he said the reason I have not received my replacement controller was because they have not received the defective controller. I was very disappointed with the response and I emailed him back and told him I have given the tracking number numerous times to numerous MS support person and they have acknowledged that they have received it.

I have not heard anything from Darius Cunningham after the last email. This is the worst customer service I have ever encountered. Very disappointing to deal with Microsoft support. It's been more than a month and counting just to replace a f@cking controller.

sasasasa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Advocacy group is a joke. They are worst than the Xbox support team! Xbox support cannot communicate with the different levels of the organization to resolve issues.  I was forced to buy another controller so I can play the TitanFall Alpha testing.  One good note is a Xbox Support person Darren W has been calling me everyday to give me updates on where everything is. I appreciate his help but his hands are tied. We are under the mercy of the useless Advocacy group!  I was planning to get warranty from Xbox but I would be much better off with Square Trade.

sasasasa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea H3LLspawn I tried that but since my xboxone is under warranty it tells me to send in the old one for a free replacement. Yea right the bozo's already have my PSU!

ExbacksWan,

Yes this Advocacy Team/Department is a Joke! it's a crying shame and a sham that Xbox Support can't even talk to the Advocacy team. I mean really why? It's because Xbox knows they have issues and they do not want to take care of the issues, they just hire nice people to smooth things over while they screw you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just check my email. I finally got a response from the Advocacy team. They said that the Service Center has not received my PSU yet. They will contact the Service Center again to see if they have received it, if not then they will re examine what options are available for them to get me a working power supply.

so there you go, the Advocacy team will now need to re-examine their options!

I can only Stress to keep your tracking#! Heck I even had insurance on my delivery from UPS.

This is a colossal nightmare!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I wrote IGN.com IGN posted they have your back if you been had or scammed. So I wrote them and told them about the situation. It would be helpfull if all who are having problems write them! We need to be in numbers in order for XBox to pay attention!

Here is the link!

www.ign.com/.../ign-has-your-back

if anyone has any other place to write and notify please let me know

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is a link to file a Consumers complaint with the FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION

Unfortunately they state FTC cannot resolve individual consumer complaints, but teyh have tips to help you get your money back.

www.consumer.ftc.gov/.../0341-file-complaint-ftc

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Update: I just checked my statuso update and I found out my SR# was cancelled. WTF is going on?  

sasasasa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also filed a complaint with IGN just now

sasasasa

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 19 Applies to: