Updating email address

Why on gods green earth does it take nearly 1 month to update an email address? Surely this,at best, should be a 24 hour process?

when you update an email address it doesnt mean that you log in with that email, it just mean that any further communication between xbox and you will be done through the updated address. Alot of people think that means they sign in with the new address thats not the case, you cannot change your login email address, you can change password but not loginto xboxlive email. basically use old address and anything important will come to new address,

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ok, I don't have an issue with logging in.   The issue is with the email associated with the account security so I can  my amend credit card details

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I guess you lost the other proofs and you're referring to the 30 day speed bump on making changes without the other proofs. That was imposed by Microsoft Accounts Security; you can let them know what you think at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm just going to clarify on Vibroplex's obscure message. If you lose access to all proofs on the account then yes, you do have to wait for the 30 day cool down period. This is another security measure intended to protect your account. However, if you have access to one proof on the account, you can confirm the proofs you are attempting to add with the one proof you have access to. If you confirm these proofs, they are added instantly with no delay.

So yea. If you lost access to the proofs on the account, bummer man, and I feel your pain. Hope you get this resolved.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Chilejoe is correct.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 12 Applies to: