update kills your 360

I post this a week ago the update I put on March 10 destroyed my 360 they said it was not it then he said it could have cause it this is a way for customers to either buy another or repair, this updates are destroying 360 trying to tell people. They know this but tell you there not going to fix your game I think there should be a complaint filed,they send another update to try and fix what they have done but some are already destroyed Microsoft this is your FAULT.

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="THE CRAZI 8s"]

I post this a week ago the update I put on March 10 destroyed my 360 they said it was not it then he said it could have cause it this is a way for customers to either buy another or repair, this updates are destroying 360 trying to tell people. They know this but tell you there not going to fix your game I think there should be a complaint filed,they send another update to try and fix what they have done but some are already destroyed Microsoft this is your FAULT.

[/quote]You really should search before you post. There is a ton of this topic previously posted. Also there is only one way to get help for this issue because everyone has a different opinion. 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Here's a link to one for example

www.google.com/url

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

[quote]You really should search before you post. There is a ton of this topic previously posted. Also there is only one way to get help for this issue because everyone has a different opinion. 1-800-4MY-XBOX. Here's a link to one for example [/quote]

This.

He's right, all you're going to get here is a bunch of people with the same issue and then another group of [rude] people telling you updates can't brick a console. I personally have't had this issue though my xbox is really old but there has been documented issues like this. Good Luck and Happy Gaming.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How come it doesn't kill all Xboxes?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="SwellSuperior94"]How come it doesn't kill all Xboxes?[/quote]Because the actual update isn't causing the problem. It's the components used to do the update that cause the problem (like failed flash memory). Since the components used for firmware updates aren't used at any other time only a flash will expose if they're gone bad.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

^^ But again, those things wouldn't have failed if it wasn't for the update. MS admitted it before. Are you BG's son? Yon can't admitt an update can break a console can you? It's documented, but you turn a blind eye.

I'll say it again. That man didn't kill him. His gun/knife did.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Brandiesel, he also likes to follow people and give them bad ratings for not agreeing with him. :) He's beyond help, don't bother.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

^^ True, I don't think I have ever seen him agree with anyone on anything.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, i didn't even WANT the update...i had kept my console totally original from 2007 right up until November 2011, when i brought a new game Halo Anniversary...which loaded the NXE update to my console (i had no idea this was happening until i quit the game and got the shock of my life) I suddenly had all this stupid, childish avatar rubbish all over my screen and i could no longer play all of my 11 xbox games...WTF?

Posting about this on here has already gotten me banned 4 times, obviously, they don't want others to know that a long time customer (who's spent thousands on their products) is very unhappy about their tampering with my personal property...

To add insult to injury, when i call them on this, they just trot out the same old answers...sorry but you didn't play those games because they aren't on our list...and sorry, but we don't support those anymore (like they have any right to disable my property from working with legal copies of xbox games)...

XBOX is a joke, they have NO idea how to treat customers and couldn't care less whether you loose out in their update roulette, as long as your console has the latest update...all ready to consume more of their products, which they probably won't support next week...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="brandiesel1"]^^ But again, those things wouldn't have failed if it wasn't for the update.[/quote]There are levels of redundancy that can be built into a product. Consumer-grade products don't get those levels of redundancy.[quote]MS admitted it before.[/quote]What are you talking about?[quote]Yon can't admitt an update can break a console can you?[/quote]While anything is possible, to date there haven't been any updates from Live that brick consoles in and of themselves. Supposedly there was a bad update on the Dead Rising disc, but that's not on Live.[quote]It's documented, but you turn a blind eye.[/quote]It's not documented. There's an update that rendered a small number of DVD drives nonfunctional, but that's not a bricked console.[quote user="Palmtop x Tiger"]Brandiesel, he also likes to follow people and give them bad ratings for not agreeing with him. :) [/quote]I do not rate threads/people.[quote user="Annoyeduser1001"]Well, i didn't even WANT the update...i had kept my console totally original from 2007[/quote]Having trouble keeping the purchase year of your console straight?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="IceStorm III"]
It's not documented. There's an update that rendered a small number of DVD drives nonfunctional, but that's not a bricked console.[/quote]
Sweetie, if my disk drive doesn't work, I consider the console a brick. In other words, about as useful as your posts. And that number was large enough for MS to start a replacement plan for those xbox consoles.  And let me say this, this incident happened less than a year ago-- we are not out of the clear, LOGICALLY or RATIONALLY, from similar incidents occurring once again. You may not like the term 'brick' but if MS confirmed [in 2011] a connection between an update and a system failure, then it's so-- just accept it. You're really not helping anyone by coming in here and disputing something that MS itself confirmed not even a year ago. If you can't settle for that, just post a link to one of your previous posts because it's a colossal waste of time to keep repeating yourself. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated September 4, 2022 Views 350 Applies to: