Netflix freezing when stopping a show

while watching shows or movies in netflix via xbox if i try to go back to the menu or stop the show the whole xbox freezes and i get a black screen. on the controller the lights are just spinning around. if you press any buttons on the controller nothing happens

i have to restart the xbox manually.

i tried removing and re-installing netflix and cleared the cache.

i talked to xbox on the phone they said to call netflix. they said to call xbox...please help

Your problem may or may not be related to your network connection & strength, as you know video streaming can take its toll on some internet connections, although i do not see how lag inside netflix can cause a system freeze. I suggest a reset of your network, if you're connected wirelessly perform a reset of your router & modem. If you're connected by ethernet perform a reset of your cable modem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for the suggestion,  unfortunately its not a network issue. i tested my connection and i even switched from wireless to wired. just to make sure. i plugged my PS3 to the same connection and netflix worked fine. i am able to stream video on the xbox using ZUNE player. my internet connection at home is 20 down and 2 up so i am sure its not the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

This is an interesting problem, from my knowledge your connection and network strength are sufficient enough to handle netflix seeing as you have tested it on other devices so the only thought that comes to my mind is that the problem must be on netflix's side. I know that the recent netflix update has been causing problems for a number of users as well including myself, i have no suggestion for you but to wait it out. Attempt clearing your hard drive cache through system settings.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i've tried clearing out the cache. i went as far as formatting the Hard drive per another persons suggestion and still having the same issue. :(

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i am having same problem!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

after spending some time talking with technical support on both Xbox and Netflix. neither one has a clue. i narrows it down to being a video problem rather and than a program problem. 1 of the tech guys i talked to started blaming my TV. that not the case cuz i tried it on another TV and had the same issue. for now the only solution is to switch between video inputs int he TV and it refreshes the signal so it works when you switch back. maybe someone  from MS will pick up on this issue and send out a patch

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i don't know but I think it is a glitch in the netflix server because I'm also getting problems.

it might be a problem with the xbox. or try to disconnect the modem and router for a while.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

its not the network connection, at-least on mine. i even tried the xbox at another location with completely different modem and router and still had the issue. the problem is with the way the latest nextflix software  handles the switch between streaming video mode and menu mode. thats my opinion anyway.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 10 Applies to: