HughesNet Gen4 and Xbox Live

Hello.

I currently have HughesNet (yes I understand that HughesNet sucks) and I'm considering upgrading to HughesNet Gen 4. However, I've read about some people having connection issues with Gen 4 and Xbox Live. Can anyone tell me about their experiences. If Gen4 really does work with xbox live. Right now, normal HughesNet allows me to connect/download stuff from Live but I can't play games minus the occasional Mass Effect 3/Crysis 2 match and I can't join parties. If anyone can share out Gen4 works for them, please do.

Hi there, official Support here! I can't say I have any personal experience, but it's definitely not something we recommend.   A slow and inconsistent signal can make gaming hard.  Even when you are able to connect, you will also want to keep in mind your monthly bandwidth allocation if you have one, as LIVE can use that up pretty quickly.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Greetings RedChambersN7!
[quote user="RedChambersN7"]I'm considering upgrading to HughesNet Gen 4. However, I've read about some people having connection issues with Gen 4 and Xbox Live.[/quote]This is correct. Some HughesNet customers with the HT1000 modem have experienced problems connecting to Xbox LIVE. The main issue with the HT1000 and LIVE is a feature called Web Acceleration. This feature should be turned off on the HT1000 to get the LIVE services to function properly.

The impossible just takes a little longer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello.

I have HughesNet Gen 4. Unless you can deal with an endless amount of lag then your out of luck. Sorry, but i hope i helped.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 272 Applies to: