How to Unmute myself

Okay so i was playing Monday Night Combat and somehow I muted my self. It isnt effecting my mic or any other stuff, its just the X over the mic is quite annoying... Any help?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

There's a switch on the XBOX mic, if the diode shows red/orange then its muted. If green then you will transmit your voice.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did the same thing. You need to call Xbox-live at 1-800-4-MY-XBOX or 1-800-469-9269.

They can't help you. Not yet anyway not enough people have had this problem. The guy I talked with has never heard of it and that is the problem.

What often happens is that you go to mute someone else and just as you are doing it they drop and you mute who is next in line. In my case it was myself. Since you shouldn't be able to mute yourself there is no way to unmute yourself so your stuck.

Until more peolpe call in it will remain this way.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't really "mute" yourself. You can block communication with others, or you can set your Safety Settings to prevent communication with other users. For more on this, check out our Communication Sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../19135.aspx)

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I know that you aren't suppose to be able to mute yourself, but people are doing it. It is very rare that is why you guys don't have a solution.

Players in our party can hear us, we can hear them that is not the problem.

Ok its like this no matter what game I'm in and no matter what Xbox I'm on, I'm muted to myself. Lets say that you and I are in a game together and I'm being a jerk. You mute me. Then you look at my gamertag on the party list and it shows me muted. No matter where you go, no matter what game you player I will always be muted to you on all party list, game lists and chat lists.

That means you have a list of people associated with your live account that you have muted and no matter where you go they will always be muted for you.

There is a rare glitch that allows people to put themselves on their own list. So everytime they look at themselfs in any chat group the red "muted" symbol is on their own tag.

This is annoying!

Yes I can still hear my teammates.

Yes my teammates can hear me.

I am only muted to myself. And yes you can mute yourself. Your not suppose to buy you can.

It doesn't matter where in the world I play or on which xbox I play.

I have called in: 1158292162.

Help

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand all of that (and thank you for the thorough explanation!), but what I'm missing is HOW you ended up on your own mute list? Did you view your profile and hit mute? Any more information you can provide me on the matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Izeage mentioned "how" they think it happens:

"What often happens is that you go to mute someone else and just as you are doing it they drop and you mute who is next in line. In my case it was myself. Since you shouldn't be able to mute yourself there is no way to unmute yourself so your stuck. "

What a conundrum!  It would be a rare.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Ah, missed that. I'll see if we can reproduce this issue at the office and see about rolling it up to a product group. Thanks for the tip here guys!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe I mentioned it when I called in also. It happened to me on 007: Bloodstone, but I have seen others that have had it happen on other games.

Please excuse me if I sounded overly upset, I’m not. The reason I needed to go into great detail is because support generally thinks that I can’t hear or that others can’t hear me. This is understandable as that is surely a common issue with customers.

I am in customer support also and that is why I wanted to provide plenty of detail. That is also why I encouraged others to report similar problems. The more reports support sees the more attention an issue receives.

If you are trying to simulate the process, your timing has to be near perfect. Just as the player above you on the player list is logging out you have to mute them. If timed perfectly the mute will go to the next player on the list which is you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys! I have confirmed that we are currently investigating this issue and looking into a definite fix. In the meantime, you can try to recreate the scenario in a party (select a user to unmute/mute, have them sign out, and then attempt to unmute them and have it affect you). If this works for you, please be sure to let me know. Thanks!

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the work Gwyther.

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 23, 2023 Views 5,040 Applies to: