How to change gamertag without having a Xbox360 console?

I have an Xbox LIVE account and gamertag from the (now) vintage original black Xbox days.

I don't use that Xbox any more (don't have it anymore, I think...) but I do use the same gamertag on my Windows Phone.

I want to change my gamertag name from "JarnoPeschier" to something more like the name I use online elsewhere.

When I try to do this, I get redirected to a website that tells me who to do this on my Xbox360 console for 800 points.

However: I do not have a Xbox360 console.

How can I change my gamertag...?

You can only change your gamertag on Xbox LIVE via the Xbox 360 Console. The only way you can change a Gamertag online is via Xbox.com when you first sign up to the Xbox.com website and Xbox LIVE, other than that there is no other way but the Xbox console.

Also in order to be able to retrieve your Original Xbox Gamertag. You will need the Windows LIVE ID details associated with it in order to be able to recover it (on an Xbox 360 console) or sign into the Xbox LIVE app for Windows Phone.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

You can change it through Games for Windows Live - support.microsoft.com/.../977901

You have to start a game, so you can download Tinker for free and that should work.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

i wanted to change my name as well i just put 10$ onto my account and it is saying i cant change my name

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

You CAN change it online through this link just go here - account.xbox.com/.../changegamertag

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, SDS Toxic! This thread is a bit old, starting over 2 years ago. I appreciate your enthusiasm to help others out, though! There are plenty of users posting more recently that can definitely use your help. Head over to those threads and drop some knowledge on them! We love seeing you help out other gamers, and look forward to seeing more posts from you. :D

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 2,051 Applies to: