Crippling system/OS problems

I've seen posts on here lately with a similar issue, but here's my experience.

About a month ago, I was playing on my Xbox One when I decided to switch games. I went to dashboard where it got slow and laggy, and after trying to open the social tab, the entire console locked up and everything became unresponsive. I power cycled and it was fine, but it happened a couple more times later that week. A couple of days later, the console froze loading an online match with my friend. So, I went to dashboard where it became unresponsive like before. During these moments, you can move around dashboard a little but can't select anything, and if you try to open anything, nothing happens and ends up completely locking up the console. This happens just about daily now.

Occasionally when I Power cycle I'm met with the green screen of death but a couple more power cycles usually fixes this.

I've tried everything. I left it off for a couple days, I did a COMPLETE factory reset, nothing has worked. It's worth mentioning that others on this site have had this happen in a very similar timeframe. Even my friend had this happen to him just a couple weeks ago, and now plagues him constantly leading me to believe this is software/OS problem which could be fixed with a patch. I WANT some attention brought to this because paying for a new console for a problem that could be fixed via patch would be ludicrous. 

CONFIRMED. I as well have this issue and posted on here about it. This seriously needs to be brought to the attention of the Microsoft tech team. This is absolutely ridiculous. Factory reset fixes the issue temporarily and it gradually reverts back to an unplayable state, signifying its very clearly a software issue, not a hardware issue.

FIX THIS MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

To add some light on this, my console sometimes gives me an error "Guide took too long to start: Error code 0x8027025a"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for chipping in Yardie. I can't pinpoint one specific thing that starts the lockup. As I mentioned, It will start during a game, looking in the store, browsing social, Or sometimes just right after booting up. I've excercised great patience dealing with this for nearly a month, and REALLY want to bring attention to this.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have also been experiencing a problem like this and have posted my problem along with the error codes I am receiving on the forums . Still waiting on a solution. I cannot imagine dealing with this for a month...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm from Brazil and I have a similar problem, my xbox does not connect on xbox live, try to access the store, and only shows the ball spinning and never connects. I returned the initial settings and is now worse, because still not accessing, and I can more or download the games.

Forgive my English is not so good ..

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

the connection test is ok, NAT is open, the doors are properly directed, and nothing

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Tarkisio! Thanks for replying. First off, don't worry about your English, It's better than some native English users. Unfortunately your issue sounds seperate to mine and others on this post, so I suggest creating a new post where you would be better helped. I wish you luck with your issues!

As for Blueberries and Yardie, I believe my comment on issues regarding errors has confused slightly. While your issues sound very similar to mine, no specific error code pops up for me. I'm curious, when you guys recieve these error codes does your console lock up so only a Hard cycle fixes it? Because my main problem is total lock up and unresponsiveness, I believe a common factor could be found. Thanks everyone for chipping in!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thought it's worth mentioning that when this happens, if I turn off the console without power cycling it just continuously glows without fully turning off. It's almost as if something is updating, but every system update has worked fine. Running out of ideas and would LOVE a response from one of the ambassador people please.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 63 Applies to: