Constant Console Issues

Hello, I'm posting this on behalf of my friend who never access' this site.

For almost a year, his xbox has gradually been getting worse as in it freezes constantly and fails to read some games.

An example;

We could all be gearing up for a race on F1 2010, but for some reason on some tracks he'll get "This disc is unreadable blah blah blah" as the loading screen comes up after the lobby.

For instance, he CAN race on Monte Carlo, but if he tries racing on Monte Carlo in the RAIN then he'll get that message.

He also cannot race on Kuala Lumpar or Melborne in the rain. This game ran perfectly on his xbox when he first got it.

I think his xbox is on the way out, but I need some clarification.

You may think "Oh, its the disc" but I can assure you it is not, the other day I bought L.A Noire (Pre-owned but in perfect condition). I played it through the weekend and handed it over to my mate once I had finished so he could have a pop at it, he's getting the same message he gets with a few games "disc unreadable" on Disc 3. I know its not the disc itself as it worked seemlessly on my console.

He's tried blowing into the disc tray to remove any trapped dust, cleaned the vents, kept it ventillated etc. but he keeps getting these messages. He's had the xbox around the same time I've had mine, Two years.

I had the same problem on Black Ops, Kinda.. When the map loading screen was almost complete, the bar would almost reach the end where I would then get a small spinning circle, rendering some maps unplayable, a quick install to hard drive fixed this.

He has had to install so many games to his HDD in order for them to work.

Any ideas what could be going wrong with his xbox?

He could try the usual 'Clear System Cache' But i think it might be worth his while to get himself a new Xbox if its on the way out. It sounds like its Swan song.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 18, 2021 Views 0 Applies to: