Xbox 360 - Error 801540A9 (Downloading Profile)

I have recently gotten a Xbox 360 and when I put in my email and password,  the console displays this message:

"Sorry, there's a problem with the credentials that you're using to sign in. Go to https://account.live.com to fix the problem."

"801540A9"

I looked this code up and i found this thread with my exact problem: 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-360-error-801540a9-downloading-profile/58338ad3-1bb5-47aa-a25d-4f591f717cb3

But, in the answers it says to

go to Security tab > Click on "More security options" > Go down to "App Passwords" > Then choose "Create a New Password" > Finally, plug it into the password section of your log-in.

The only problem with this is when I go to more security options, there is no App passwords tab.

The APP password is if you have Two Step Verification turned on. According to your screenshot you do not have it turned on. 

The other thing that could be causing this is if your password is longer than 16 characters the Password box on the 360s are limited to 16 characters so if your password is longer than 16 characters it will not put any characters past the 16th one and will show as your password (credentials) being wrong.

If this is the case just change your password to something less than 16 characters. 

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

So I set up the Two-Step verification and then I got my app password and put it into my Xbox 360 but it still displays the same message.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Before you turned on TSV was your password longer than 16 characters?

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2023 Views 970 Applies to: