Refund Request team not responding to the customer or other internal Microsoft departments

Hello,

The Microsoft Refunds website shows that 14 days is the return period for the accidental purchase of a digital Xbox game.  I requested a refund within 13 days.  My refund request was denied without explanation. 

I have reached out to the Refunds team by responding to their denial email, and by posting questions in the ticket itself.

I have been contacting them this way for more than 3 weeks, but to this day have not received any responses from them.

I have been working with someone in Microsoft Customer Support on this issue, who has reached out to the Refunds team, but the Refunds team is also not responding to them.

Has anyone been able to get a response from the Refunds team?  Is there some way to contact them that I am overlooking?

Thanks in advance!

That is the link that we have to provide for refunds.  

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/forms/request-refund

Haven't seen any other complaints about them not responding.  Since we are in the middle of the holiday season they may be seeing a lot more request than normal.

Happy Gaming!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks Parity,

I have been reaching out to the Refunds team almost every day since 12/01/2018 by responding to their denial emails, and by posting questions in the Refunds Request ticket itself, but have not received any responses from them.

The most I seem to be able to get from them is the occasional copy/paste denial template stating that my request is ineligible. 

When I ask why it is ineligible by responding to the denial email, they don't respond. 

When I reopen the ticket and post a question asking why it is ineligible, they simply re-close the ticket and don't respond.

I am curious if anyone else is having these issues, or if they have found a way to communicate with the Refunds team.

Thanks again for the response.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I think the easiest solution might just be to open a new ticket if youre not getting a response. Keep in mind that during december thet slammed with requests

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks zmaster,

I did end up opening another ticket, as Microsoft Customer Support recommended doing the same thing.  The Refunds team did not respond in that ticket either though.  This is very strange.

In the original ticket, for almost 5 weeks now, I have reached out to them in their denial emails, and have also re-opened the ticket to post questions directly into it as well.  I still have not yet received 1 response.  All they seem to do is go in and flip the ticket to closed again without replying or acknowledging anything the customer writes.

Microsoft Customer service has reached out to the Refunds team as well, but their questions are also being ignored.  Everyone in Microsoft Customer Service, and even Accounts & Billing seems baffled by the fact that the Refunds team isn't responding.

A manager is supposed to be contacting me soon so that we can try to figure this out, but I wanted to post here to see if my experience is atypical or not.

Thanks again everyone.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

hope you get it fixed soon!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know why you don't get a response from the refund team. Did you played the game wich you bought accidently? Just asking because there are a couple of restrictions for the refund. One of them is too much played time on a title. I guess that they are short handed trough the Holidays. The best way in normal case is to repley an the Mail you got from them. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was wondering that myself, but no the game was never even opened.  For about 38 days now I've been replying to the Refund team's denial emails, and posting questions in the ticket itself, but still am not getting any responses.  They just seem to go in and flip the ticket to closed again whenever I reopen it to post a question.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi NA008,

Have you also contacted Xbox Customer Support or just Microsoft Customer Support? They are different support channels and maybe the Xbox support team can assist you or find out why the refund could have been denied. Other factors besides the 14 day period, like previous refunds or if the game was accessed for a certain amount of time, can contribute to the denial but I'm sorry that you haven't gotten a response from the refund team.

Give Xbox customer support a try if you haven't done so yet and see what they say.

1. Contact us here
  2. Select Xbox One
  3. Select See other options.
  4. Select Payment & Billing
  5. Select show contact options and go to step 4
  6. Select request a callback from support
Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yep … They are doing the exact same thing to me.  Xbox Staff Member: Hope S

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Savage Wolf

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support. 

We'll be locking this thread as it dates back to December 24, 2018. 

Feel free to create a new thread so that we can tailor our support directly to you with up to date information. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Happy gaming! 

Felix

Xbox forums support 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2024 Views 1,500 Applies to: