Is my Xbox 360 console dead?

Hello,

so, my Xbox 360 console just recently started to act up really bad. It's gone way beyond the point of me still being able to use it. Basically, literally no output seems to be coming out of it, as in no video nor audio, regardless of whether I try HDMI or AV. Also, the console seems to be getting very hot just moments after being turned on. Despite all that though, it doesn't really show any "confirmation" that it's actually broken or something, as in there doesn't seem to be a RRoD or anything even remotely similar to that.
So my question is, what could possibly be the problem, and do you think I could still be able to fix it, or is my console pretty much already doomed?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I asked a support assistant about this and they said that's not the case.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

It may have broke, the inner components may have over heated and broke, my 360 had similar issues and that is what the problems was

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If it's an option you are willing to look into you can a Xbox 360 Elite for relatively cheap. You can get them from Amazon, ebay, Gamestop or local pawn shops. Maybe the gpu is going out in your current console.
Christyna

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I talked to a support assistant yesterday and, to my surprise, they said they'd like to sort out a free replacement for me and that I should expect an e-mail from the "Hardware department" that same day. The day's passed but I still see no e-mail from them... I don't think official support would lie, or would they?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's been a few days now, still no reply tho. At this point, I doubt I'll even get any anymore tbf...

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with Xbox Support and your console. Looking at your replies, I think there is a very high possibility that your 360 has died. :S The original Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles are not serviced anymore and as most 360 warranties have likely all elapsed, there is no other option, besides to invest in a replacement console. They go for the fraction of the price now, so hopefully there will be something available, that's not too heavy on the wallet.

RE: your recent phone call. I think the agent you spoke to, might have misunderstood the situation and mis-informed you, but would call the team back and have someone look into what was logged in your previous phone call, just to make sure.

As a last resort, you can follow these steps for troubleshooting a blank screen, and other articles available on the Xbox Support website, to master reset your console and to utilise a system update. See if anything kick starts the console.

Over the past few years, secrets were finally revealed, explaining the reasons behind so many RRODs, mainly a cheaply sourced replacement solder that had a poor kind of lead in it, caused dry joints, bending/warping of motherboards and eventually caused components to overheat all over the place. For instance, your AV/HDMI controller/chip might have come away from the board, hence no output to your TV (just speculation, mind!).

See this really awesome show/podcast, that explains it all, via IGN:

"We don't believe three generations of Xbox leadership have ever been brought into the same room before to share secrets and stories of Xbox history. Until now. In a once-in-a-lifetime episode, Xbox creator Seamus Blackley, Head of Xbox during the 360 launch Peter Moore, and current Head of Xbox Phil Spencer talk for 90 minutes about all three Xbox consoles, including beating Sony in the living room, where the Duke controller came from, how Gears of War influenced a critical decision for the Xbox 360 hardware, and so much more"

Hope this helps and that you get up and running again soon,

L

Xbox Ambassador since 2011. Always happy to help. :)

Problems with Xbox Services? Check here:
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-live-status

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If your unable to get any video out I would say it's probably not an easy fix or fixable at all. As for it getting hot, if it's in a well ventilated area and it's still getting hot it could be something wrong with the fan or one of the components is overheating and it probably shouldn't be used.
- Bountyhunterxx5

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2023 Views 503 Applies to: