HDMI to RCA Audio Issues w/ new Xbox One Refurbished-

My son got an Xbox One Black Refurbished 500G from GameStop.

The audio quality on initial setup was horrible through a HDMI to RCA converter that works perfectly w/

our BluRay player w/ the same HDMI cables.

We exchanged it for another unit and have the same issue with this one.

I can't set the screen to fit correctly in the CRT screen and can't set the audio using settings from this unit.

Requested a call-back from Xbox Support- no return call

Driving me crazy, please help!

Hi there FamCircle,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting the Xbox One to a CRT TV with an HDMI to RCA. Unfortunately,  HDMI is digital signal and RCA is analog which will cause discrepancies with video and audio settings on the Xbox One. I would recommend to try a different TV.

Audio settings are enabled through the HDMI cable directly plugged in to the console and TV.

Check out the following articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi there FamCircle,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about the issue with connecting the Xbox One to a CRT TV with an HDMI to RCA. Unfortunately,  HDMI is digital signal and RCA is analog which will cause discrepancies with video and audio settings on the Xbox One. I would recommend to try a different TV.

Audio settings are enabled through the HDMI cable directly plugged in to the console and TV.

Check out the following articles:

Try this out and let us know the results.

Thank you for your reply and suggestions.  I will try both the links above.  I believe I have already attempted thew first one with no luck.   Unfortunately, we don't have a different TV to try- and this converter works fine with our Samsung Smart Blu Ray using the exact same cable, converter & TV.  Any other thoughts or ideas?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there,

It's possible the RCA converter is not able to properly convert the HDMI data to RCA compatible data as mentioned previously there could be discrepancies with the frequencies causing a bad sound output. The Xbox One is engineered to play sound through HDMI and will have issues with playing sound through an RCA converter.

I suggest plugging the Xbox directly into an HDMI capable TV to confirm there are no issues with the console itself.

Go ahead and do a hard reset and power cycle. Hold down the power button on the console for about 10 seconds until it shuts down and then remove the power cable from the Xbox and the power outlet for about 2-3 minutes. Then re-connect and turn on the Xbox.

If the sound does not improve then I don't believe the Xbox One will be compatible with the RCA receiver.

Best Wishes,
Diego
Xbox Forums Support

(๑ˆ◡ˆ๑)ノ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

HDCP on most BluRay players is way more forigiving than the HDCP versions Xbox One, you may not have much luck with this. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the suggestions. For now we are stuck as is- maybe when the tax refund comes we'll get a modern tv w/ HDMI. I do appreciate all of the input! (no pun intended...)

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there!  

Thank you for letting us know that the issue. We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance. For those reading this thread and if the troubleshooting steps listed above didn't help resolve the issue, please feel free to create a new thread asking for assistance.  

Thank you and have a great day.

Thanks for being a part of the Xbox Family.
Happy Gaming! ಠ‿ಠ

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 1, 2024 Views 701 Applies to: