Broken update

Online preview program update stalls at 15% and will not complete.

To attempt to fix the issue, I used the OSU1 as well as the OSU2 offline update files. 

I used the Troubleshooting Menu (accessed by holding the Bind and Eject buttons) to update the Xbox Offline, via the OSU1/OSU2 files on a properly formated usb drive. This update throws an E101 error at 5% using either file. 

Since I reset to factory default I cannot access the Home Dashboard to remove the preview program I'm stuck waiting from someone from the preview program to give me the preview program offline usb file or be removed from the preview program so I can use the OSU1 offline usb file.

|

Hi Death Tsar,

Can you please confirm which version of the OS your console is currently on? Also, is the Xbox Insider Hub app installed on your console right now or not? Are other functionalities affected or can you launch other games & apps normally? Is the Store functioning correctly?

Thank you for participating in the Xbox Insider Hub!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Death Tsar,

The error code that you are seeing there is indicative of a hardware failure on the console.  The only thing I can actually suggest to try is restoring the console to factory defaults, this can be done via the same method as installing the OSU files; however you don't need to connect a USB drive to the console, you can simply hold the bind and eject buttons and power on the console.  You can then select the option to reset from the console troubleshooting menu.  If this doesn't work, then your console will need to be repaired and you should contact Xbox Support to discuss your options.

-Kronos

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2021 Views 13 Applies to: