STOP: 0x000000d1 BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error in Windows XP computer.

Original Title: BSOD driver_irql_not_less_or_equal error

I am getting a driver_irql_not_less_or_equal  stop: 0x000000d1(0x00000010,0x00000002,0x00000000,0xF7673DFA) iastor.sys - address f7673dfa base at f7665000, datestamp 40608c73.  I cannot get it to boot even through the recovery console.  Any ides?

Answer
Answer

iastor.sys relates to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. You need to investigate your hard drive set up. What exactly do you have?

Are any devices malfunctioning? Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information. Open Components under System Summary and click on Problem Devices. Is anything listed there?

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties, Hardware, and Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

To see Hidden Devices (Non Plug and Play Drivers) you need to select View, Show Hidden Devices. It is necessary to do this every time you open Device Manager if you need to see them.

A further complication can be Ghosted Devices –installed but not connected!http://www.lockergnome.com/windows/2005/04/29/display-hidden-devices-in-device-manager-xp/

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 14, 2021 Views 29,188 Applies to: