How to export and print a specific contact group in Windows Live Mail

Original title: List of Contacts in Contact Group
I am using Vista with Windows Mail and I wish to create a Word Doc that lists the names and email addresses of a specific Contact Group in my Contacts list. I have tried to copy and paste but this does not work and I have also tried to use Export but it simply exports my complete Contact list. Can anyone assist please? Alternatively, can I simply print a list of names in my specific Contact Group?
Answer
Answer
Original title: List of Contacts in Contact Group
I am using Vista with Windows Mail and I wish to create a Word Doc that lists the names and email addresses of a specific Contact Group in my Contacts list. I have tried to copy and paste but this does not work and I have also tried to use Export but it simply exports my complete Contact list. Can anyone assist please? Alternatively, can I simply print a list of names in my specific Contact Group?

Here is a method I used:

Open a new blank email and address the Contact Group into the BCC box.
DO NOT send the email - instead, click SAVE.
Now go to the Drafts folder and open the saved email.
You will see the complete list of names & addresses in the BCC box.
Select all, then copy and paste the entire list into another document.

NOTE: Because it's so engrained for us to hit SEND rather than SAVE, I advise you to disconnect your internet connection while doing this in order to avoid accidentally sending a blank message to your group.

I used this method to copy my Windows Live Mail groups into Thunderbird mailing lists.
It's quite time consuming if you have a large number of groups. 

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi,

There is no option in Windows Mail for exporting or printing a specific contact group.
You can export all contacts to Excel and edit/print as desired.

Follow these steps to export Contacts from Windows Mail to Excel:
a. Open Windows Contacts by clicking the Start button , clicking All Programs, and then clicking Windows Contacts.
b. On the toolbar, click Export, and then click on CSV format.
CSV (Comma Separated Values). This is a generic file format used for exporting or importing information to and from databases or spreadsheets.
c. Click Export, select a folder where you want to store your contacts in the new format, and then click OK.
d. When a message appears telling you that the contacts export process has completed, click OK, and then click Close.

Refer these articles for help:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Import-export-or-change-the-format-for-contacts

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Print-contacts

Regards,

Afzal Taher-Microsoft Support.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 13, 2024 Views 22,337 Applies to: