Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library/Roxio Error - Assistance Required Please!

Hi Everyone - Please could someone please help me with the following........ The error message below pops up every time our PC is turned on........

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error!

Program: ...ommon Files\Roxio Shared\9.0\SharedCOM\RoxWatchTray9.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
OK  

When I click on "OK" to clear the message it then shows a box saying........
[Window Title]
Microsoft Windows

[Main Instruction]
RoxMMTrayApp Module has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

I've tried various ways of trying to fix from using a back up disc to try and re-install Roxio which didn’t work as it wouldn’t allow up to copy the missing info over?! Have also tried Windows help and support on our PC but is doesn’t come up with any ways to fix this problem after it has searched!

I have noticed that I think this error is affecting my ability to make changes to pictures in the Windows Photo gallery as it says again, with another error message that the photo gallery is experiencing a problem and cant save changes!

I know that the initial error message says "contact the application's support team for more information", but I don’t know who that is as I don’t know why this error has happened or what has caused it (I blame my husband!) or what Roxio is used with or for on my PC!

Sorry to sound a little green about all this but only have basic PC skills but am a very quick learner if someone can give me guidance to get this sorted!
Would be indeed very much appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Lin.

PC running with Windows Vista Home Premium

Answer
Answer
Hi David

Thanks very much for your help with this, my husband has now stopped the programme from starting up as it was conflicting with a new hard drive that we installed that we didnt realise was the cause!

On the subject of help..... I dont suppose you know what could be wrong with our Windows photo gallery? It still wont let me modify pics (rectify red eye etc)and i dont know why! I have checked the help section and cant seem to find a cause. Dont suppose you have any suggestions??

Thank yuo very much in advance,
Lindsey  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 20, 2023 Views 11,632 Applies to: