sidebar won't start

Windows sidebar won't start despite repeated and varied efforts. The program is there, but will not open. Vista basic. It worked OK until a few days ago, then disappeared.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

According to your description , I get the information as follow.

1.As you said “The program is there, but will not open ”, did you mean that Windows Sidebar can run but can’t being seen on desktop or that Windows Sidebar can’t run completely?

If Windows Sidebar can run, you can take the following steps on keeping windows from covering Windows Sidebar.

To keep windows from covering Windows Sidebar.

==============================

1.Open “ Windows Sidebar properties ” by clicking the Start button, clicking “ Control Panel ”, clicking “Appearance and Personalization ”, and then clicking “Windows Sidebar properties”.

2.Select “ the Sidebar is always on top of other windows ” check box.

3.Click OK.

If Windows Sidebar can’t run, you can try to reinstall Windows Sidebar. For more detail steps, please visit the website below.

How to reinstall Windows Sidebar

If it doesn’t work neither, Please do a System Restore.

2.As you mentioned” It worked OK until a few days ago, then disappeared “. If you have created a previous good restore point when Windows Sidebar worked well. I recommend you  do a System Restore. The steps are below.

To perform a System Restore.

==================

1.    Click the Start button, and type in “ System Restore “, then press “ENTER”.

2.    If you are promoted for an administrator password and confirmation, type the password or provide the confirmation.

3.    Choose a restore point when Windows Sidebar worked fine.

4.    Click OK.

Please respond back and let me know if it works. Thanks

Hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 3, 2022 Views 6,361 Applies to: