Error : Not needed to install KB302538.

Original title: KB3025380 won't install

The KB3025380 update keeps appearing in Windows Update as available, but each time it tries to install it just says 'Not needed: 1'.

Anyone else seeing this ?

Answer
Answer

Hi there - I have tried the method 1 'troubleshooting' in your reply. Upon selecting Troubleshooting, a full-screen app opens with a magnifying glass in the centre, and then immediately minimizes to the taskbar. Reopening it will only stay open for a second or so then it minimizes again.

Edit: I notice that the above also happens when I try to open the 'Feedback' app - it opens for a second then minimizes.

Also, the original KB302538 update is no longer offered as an update. Checking in the list of updates installed, however, it isn't there. So it now appears I won't be able to install this update.

Hi Martin

The update KB3025380 makes one change in the registry that enables you to upgrade to the next build of the Tchnical Preview.

Right Click the Start button and select Control Panel.

In Control Panel, on the left side of the window, select the View Update History item.

Look in that list of updates for the Windows Technical Preview December Update KB3025380

Look in the Status column to see if it shows Succeeded or Failed. If it shows Failed look for other entries that may show Succeeded.

Let us know what you find.

Regards

MVP 1999 - Present
Windows Insider MVP

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 2, 2021 Views 331 Applies to: