windows 8 pro 64-bit iso file

Hi. I am working on a Toshiba laptop for a friend with Windows 8 Pro 64-bit software installed. The computer was responding very slowly(10 min to boot up and show sign-in screen). I made a recovery flash drive  and proceeded to recover the operating system. After this completed, it booted up 1 time after which it showed an error message that said the software was corrupt and could not be restarted. I also could not use the recovery media again. At this point, I checked the Toshiba website and new recovery media is available for $40.00 . My question is: Is there a possibility of downloading windows iso software in order to rebuild this computer's software from scratch? All of the Toshiba software is downloaded already from their website. This laptop did not come with a product key in written form but has it embedded in the System Bios. If I can download a complete copy of Windows 8 Pro 64-Bit software, I shouldn't have any problem getting this machine to work. Finding it, however, has been a major problem. My computer is running 32-bit software, so that may be another problem to deal with. Any thought? Thanks.

Toshiba Laptop

C855D-s5320

Serial# - YC379861Q 

Kebell41

Hi,

Since the computer came pre-installed with Windows 8 Operating System you may have to contact System Manufactures for the disc and product key.

You may also refer to the following Microsoft article.

Create installation media for Windows 8.1

Note: The issue that you are facing with Windows, it can be caused due to system files settings.

I recommend you to perform a Startup Repair and check if it helps.

Startup Repair is a Windows 8 system recovery tool that can fix certain problems, such as missing or damaged system files.

To perform Automatic repair on Windows 8 computer follow these steps:

a.     Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart your computer.

b.     Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

c.     Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

d.     Click next and select Repair your computer.

e.     You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose. Choose the option Troubleshoot and select advanced options.

f.      You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Keep us posted on the status of the issue.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 29, 2020 Views 2,144 Applies to: