solitaire collection display problems

Hi,

When I open the app on my HP nx9420 with an ATI x1600 graphics card, the programs opens up fine. Then when I click on any game like "Spider" the display becomes all pixelated and I can not read the screen.

It's probably something to do with my graphics card but everything other program using Windows 8 works fine.

Thanks

Stephen

Answer
Answer

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community!

After going through your issue description, it appears that you have an issue with games display. You can fix the issue by performing few troubleshooting methods. However, in order to guide you in the right direction; I will need some more information. Please help me by answering the questions:

1. Were you able to play game earlier without any issue?
2. Do you face the same issue with all games?

I would recommend you to try these methods and check the issue status.
Method 1:
Update the display adapter driver and check the issue status.
Microsoft has released several updated display drivers via Windows Update for Windows 8. These updates may resolve a variety of known graphics issues. Please check Windows Update to make sure that you have downloaded and installed all of the latest updates, including optional updates.

To check for driver updates,
a. At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
b. Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select Install optional updates from the left results
c. When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates

Method 2:
Download the latest display adapter driver from the manufacturer’s website, install on your computer and check the issue status.

You can download the driver from the following link.

Method 3:
Install drivers in compatibility mode and check the issue status.
Making older programs compatible with this version of Windows.

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, I would request you to reply us with troubleshooting result to assist you further, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 3, 2023 Views 3,549 Applies to: