windows media revocation and renewal

i currently have rapsody installed and am trying to listen to the music i downloaded on wmp 11. i can listen to a few songs until i will get a notification with the headersaying "windows media revocation and renewal" and in the body of the dialog box saying "you must restart the machine to continue content processing" I can play the songs from the rhapsody player and have tried reinstalling rhapsody. re authorizing the content on my computer.

it does let me play the songs at first then it comes up with the dialog box. what is the solution to this problem??
Answer
Answer
Hi givatcho,

Any of them below might help you fix, try them and let me know of the status. Many methods to try out indeed. But I wouldn't mind working for an hour max than living with it. :-)

Some programs running on your computer may cause this error because they interfere with the Windows Media Audio System. Before playing and/or converting, please close the following programs. You can restart them when you are done.
  • AnyDVD (AnyDVDtray.exe, AnyDVD.exe, ADvdDiscHlp64.exe)
  • Display Fusion (DisplayFusion.exe)
  • Logitech Mouse and Keyboard Settings (SetPoint.exe)
  • Spyware Doctor (see Solution 2)

If you are using a Tablet PC or the Tablet PC Input Tools, the following programs may also be causing your issue:
  • Table PC Input Panel Accessory (TabTip.exe, TabTip32.exe, Tablet PC Input Service)
 You will need to stop the Tablet PC Input Service and/or associated processes before you run MuvAudio by doing the following:
  1. Click on the Start Menu button.
  2. In the search box, type services.msc.
  3. In the Services tool, sort by Name, then find and click the service, Tablet PC Input Service.
  4. Click the menu Action.
  5. Finally, click Stop.  This will stop the service and should close both the TabTip.exe and TabTip32.exe processes (if not, you will need to close them manually (Open Tablet PC Input Tool -> Click Tools -> Click Exit)).
  6. When you are done converting files with MuvAudio, you can follow steps 1-4, and then click Start to start the service again if needed.
  7. After starting the service, you will need to start C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\ink\TabTip.exe to load the Tablet PC Input Panel Accessory tool if needed.
If none of the above programs are causing the interference, please try the following to help determine if another program on your computer is the cause of this error:
  1. Click on the Start Menu button.
  2. In the search box, type msconfig and hit enter.
  3. Click on the Startup tab.
  4. Click the Disable all button.
  5. Click OK.
  6. Make sure you have closed all other programs and then click Restart.
  7. This will stop all programs that normally load on startup from running.
  8. Try converting at least 30 files that previously caused the error using MuvAudio.
  9. If you do not get the error, you now know that one of the startup programs is the cause of the error.
  10. To then determine which program is causing the error, follow steps 1-3, then enable only one of the programs listed, restart, and try converting again to see if you get the error, repeat step 10 going through the list of programs and only checking one program to load on startup, until you find the program that causes the error.
Once you have identified the program, please submit the program in a support request at http://www.muvenum.com/support/ so that we can test it and add it to this FAQ. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Solution 2:

One user reported the following solution if you have Spyware Doctor or other spyware protection software installed:

"I believe I've identified the program that causes the "only record <30 tracks in Vista" problem. It's Spyware Doctor. About 3 months ago I had to turn Spyware Doctor off for some reason. I didn't realize that you physically have to turn it back on, so Spyware Doctor has been off for 3 months. During that time MuvAudio recorded normally. Yesterday I noticed Spyware Doctor was off, and re-enabled it. 'Lo and behold the 30 track problem was back."

If you have Spyware Doctor installed or other spyware software installed, please try disabling it, restarting your computer and then running a set of 40+ conversions to determine if this resolves your issue.

Solution 3:

There is a Microsoft website that checks the media playback components on your machine and then upgrades them which may resolve the error:
http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/Indivsite/en/indivit.asp.

Solution 4:

Basically, a soundcard driver that you have installed on your system has an unsigned sAPO which, to work, creates a registry key. The key is then causing the C00D11B1 error when trying to play files in Windows Media Player 11 or MuvAudio. To fix the problem, please do the following (at your own risk as modifying the registry incorrectly can cause issues):

1. Click on the Start Menu.
  2. Type regedit into the Start Search box and hit enter.
  3. If asked for permission, click on Continue to open the Registry Editor
  4. On the left-pane, navigate to the following: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then SOFTWARE, then Microsoft, then Windows, then CurrentVersion, and finally, Audio.
  5. In the right-pane, double click on the text, DisableProtectedAudioDG, and change the value from 1 to 0.
  6. Close the Registry Editor.
  7. Restart your computer.   

Solution 5:

You may need a security component upgrade for Windows Media Player.  To upgrade your security components, please follow the instructions in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919589/en-us

Solution 6:

The Windows Media Digital Rights Managment system may not work if your computer hardware changes.  To correct this issue, please follow the steps in the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=891664

Mai dieu vous bénisse tous
James

All satire is blind to the forces liberated by decay. Which is why total decay has absorbed the forces of satire.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2019 Views 24,557 Applies to: