Nvidia Geforce GT 325M graphics card is not detected

I have the Asus-N61JV notebook with Nvidia Geforce GT 325M grpahics card on Windows 7 32 bit. I downloaded the version 197.16 driver from Nvidia. By default my notebook detects the driver as standard VGA graphics adapter. The Chip type is detected as “Intel(R)Ironlake Mobile Graphics ChipSet”. Now when I follow the manual driver installation the message I am receiving is “Installing this device is not recommended because Windows cannot verify that iy is compatible with your hardware…. ”

I have ignored the message and the Nvidia Geforce GT 325M is installed.
But when I go to
Control Panel--> Display--> Change Display Settings and then Click on the Advanced Settings link a Window Opened with the title "(Default Monitor) and Properties". There is an Adapter Tab in there which I assume should list the details of the graphics card.
Here it is showing nothing i.e

Chip type: "Unavailable"
Total Available Graphics Memory: "Unavailable" etc.

One interesting point is even though the driver installation was successful when i shut down the computer and start it again it showed the message that "standard VGA graphics adapter" is installed successfully and it replace the Nvidia driver. So I updated the driver files once again and the Nvidia came back. On a test basis when i shut down the computer and start it again the "standard vga graphics adapter" took over once again. In Device manager I can see two Display adapters are listed:
1. Standard VGA graphics adapter
2. Nvidia Geforce GT 325M

As FYI: I ran the WEI but it reported an error and couldn't complete it.

Any idea why is this happening?

Answer
Answer

Check in the BIOS if there is an option to change from Hybrid graphics to discrete. If you don't see anything in the BIOS, please contact Asus support. I wasn't able to find anything else on their web page.

Thanks,
Chris

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 29, 2023 Views 4,226 Applies to: