How to remove Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center?

Hi, I was viewing event log and I noticed that there was some kind of error with the keyboard. The recommended action was to remove the driver and to reinstall it. So, that's what I did. I have a Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard. Once, I removed the driver, I then attempted to reinstall the driver which is bundled in a package called Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center. After downloading, and extracting, an error prompts: "This software version is already installed on this system. To re-install this software, you must remove it first, and then run Setup again from the installation media. For information about removing a program, see Windows Help." So, naturally the first thing I did was search for an uninstall. Hmm, nothing in Add or Remove programs, nothing in the Start Menu folder. So, the only other thing I could think to do was to delete the files out of the directory in C:\, which I did. But still, after trying to reinstall this driver I am getting this same error. Please tell me how to remove this software from my computer, so I can reinstall it, so that I can be using the appropriate driver for my keyboard instead of "HID Keyboard Device." Thank you.
Answer
Answer

Hi, I figured it out. Or, at least, I figured out how to uninstall it. It turns out that Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center is in the Add or Remove programs, you just have to search it to find it. And I've uninstalled it. So, I'm just going to reinstall it and take it from there.

23 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 10, 2024 Views 12,393 Applies to: