Bluetooth Driver BSOD Issues, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

I have a Mini-ITX PC with Windows 7 64-bit, and a Blueu-2310 USB/PCIe Mini Card with WiFi and Bluetooth on the same card, on an Intel D525MW motherboard.

The issue I'm having is that whenever I install the Bluetooth drivers, it seems to work beautifully. Finds the device, starts bluetooth, programs recognize the existence of it, I can even connect my phone and it works.

However, when I go to reboot, Windows installs some "Generic" bluetooth drivers, which get big green checkmarks and adds the generic bluetooth radio in the device manager. I'm not sure why it does this, since it works fine before the reboot, but it does and I can't stop it.

When I reboot windows after it installs its generic drivers, it will, 90% of the time, BSOD on me as soon as the BT radio is turned on. Sometimes, if you just let it boot windows normally, it'll disable the device and say that it's reported a problem (Code 43) in the device manager. Any attempt to re-enable it generally causes a BSOD as soon as the radio is turned back on, and it reboots into BSOD's until you finally boot into safe mode, disable the device, reboot normally, uninstall/reinstall the driver, and repeat the process. Sometimes it's smart enough to just turn the radio off, and you can manually turn the radio on from the taskbar in the lower right hand corner, and it'll BSOD immediately.

I understand this is a 3rd party driver and it could be an issue with their driver. But what  puzzles me is why Windows feels the need to install its own generic drivers along with the ones I already had installed.

Please, any help would be great. I'm stuck here!

I can link to the 3rd party drivers as well as any other information required if necessary. I chose not to just in case some sort of spam filter freaked out from this being my first post.

Thanks in advance,

-Eric
Answer
Answer
OK! Well I feel retarded...

Apparently the BlueSoleil software is supposed to install alongside CentraFuse auto, but something wasn't quite working right. I got BlueSoleil to install, and found out that Centrafuse actually gives you an unlock code for the BlueSoleil software, as well as access to their updates and what not.

I sitll don't like the fact that not having a 3rd party software installed causes bluescreens, but I guess this is good enough. It's working. I can't get it to crash. My phone shows up as a device where it's supposed to, ... etc.

Thanks for all the help and patience. :) I did get the low-level drivers installed and while they didn't seem to help this issue, it's a good troubleshooting tool for the box.

-Eric

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 7, 2023 Views 7,268 Applies to: