Audio problem with my EasyCAP?

I bought the EasyCAP in order to play videogames on my computer. Recording gameplay was not my goal (I have no television, so I figured I'd try to play my PS2 on my laptop). I got the video display to work (it's a bit blurry, but it works), but there is no sound coming from the game through my computer. What am I doing wrong?
Also, my EasyCAP is listed as an SMI Grabber Device and also as SM USB 007... Why isn't it the listed as USB audio device? Could that be why I'm experiencing audio problems? How do I fix that?
When I go to the Capture tab on the Ulead VideoStudio, my source says SMI Grabber device and the only other option listed is Integrated Webcam. There is no Syntek STK 1150, which is what I think it's supposed to say. I'm not sure if that matters because I have no issues with the video display. My file system does say only NTFS, so I guess that's good. I'm using a Wii for testing, but what I need to make work is a PlayStation 2, which I don't have with me at the moment. My video display is great, but my audio does not get recorded from the game system- my computer's microphone/speaker is what it's using to record sound and I can't fix it.
My computer is a Dell Inspiron N5010 and I have Windows 7 64-bit.
Please help with my audio problem and thanks for those of you who do.

Hi,

Thank you for asking!

When you use EasyCAP, you are unable to get sound from the computer.

The issue may be with the drivers.

To verify, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned:

Step 1: Uninstall the driver

a.       Click start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter

b.      Now right click the SMI Grabber Device and click uninstall

Step 2: Install the driver

Now disconnect the EasyCAP device and install the driver.

Step 3:

Now connect the EasyCAP device.

You may also refer the site mentioned:

Tips for fixing common driver problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-fixing-common-driver-problems

Hope this helps. If the issue persists or if you face any Windows issues in future, let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated August 26, 2023 Views 6,029 Applies to: