How do I get Classic Folder Icons Back?

How can I get back the folder icons from windows xp?  I need my folder icons to be flat square folders, which I can customize with one photo from inside the folder shown on the front?  These open folders sitting sideways with documents and pictures falling out, are driving me crazy.  I work with thousands of photos every day and need a quick simple way to identify what is inside each folder.  Now I have to spend hours opening each folder and looking through the photos...such a waste of time.  Why is such a simple folder icon gone in Windows 7?  I need it back!
Answer
Answer

Periwinkleblue,

Hello, I’m afraid that changing the file displayed/icon would be the closest choices for customizing the folder in the way you would like, short of possible third party tweaks.

If this is a feature you would like reinstated, please leave your suggestion at Windows 7 Feedback.

Lisa
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Try making the icons larger to accommodate the picture.  For example:

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 6, 2019 Views 8,860 Applies to: