Unable to change my desktop background Windows 7 Starter

**Original Title**
I can't change my desktop background in Windows 7 Starter on a Dell Inspiron mini. It just stays blue with a windows logo.

I choose one of my photos and click on Set as Background, and then nothing happens. In Control Panel, there is no Personalize option, and Right-Clicking the desktop doesn't have one either.

Answer
Answer

Hi shahellie nag,

It sounds as though you have Windows 7 Starter. Is that correct?

If so, there is no personalization. However, you can get around this very easily by downloading Oceanis; it's safe, it's free and has been a solution for so many people with the same problem as you. Here is the link:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/47294-desktop-background-change-windows-7-starter.html

When you have downloaded it you will be able to change the desktop background and there is aslo an optional desktop slideshow (shuffle).

Let us know if that solves your problem. If you don't have Windows 7 Starter then your problem will have to be resolved another way. Please come back and let us know if that is the case.

All the best,

Sharon

Sharon Roffey
Queensland, Australia
Sharon Roffey
Queensland, Australia

Microsoft Community Contributor Award recipient

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
I'm afraid that you can't change the background with Windows 7 Starter Edition. It's a limitation of the Starter Edition and as I understand it, can't be gotten around.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 12, 2020 Views 576,892 Applies to: