How to move desktop Windows without a mouse?

the parameters on my desktop have changed...my window for Outlook open outside the parameter. How can I fix this?
petitesouris
petitesouris
Answer
Answer
the parameters on my desktop have changed...my window for Outlook open outside the parameter.

You can use an old school keystroke technique to regain control of a window that is outside your current desktop.

1. Close all programs so that you can start with a clean desktop.
  2. Open Outlook from the same way you always do (desktop shortcut, pinned from taskbar or start menu, etc)
  3. Since it is Outlook, just leave it alone for a minute so it completes its startup Send/Receive actions.
  4. Press ALT+<spacebar> together, then release and press m. You are now in Move mode.
  5. Press one of the four directional arrow keys (up, down, right, or left) repeatedly to move the Outlook application window back to the visible area of your desktop.
  6. When you can see the Outlook application window again (or at least the top left section of the title bar), press <enter> to exit Move mode.

If you want to practice this method, open any program onto a blank clean desktop (e.g. Notepad) and start at step 4.

• "Have you tried turning it off and then on again?" - Roy from 'The IT Crowd' (Emmy award-winning British comedy)

26 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 2, 2024 Views 31,689 Applies to: