KB4343897 & KB4343909 issues

Hello,

I am asking this question to see if anyone else has issues with the latest security patches from Microsoft (KB4343897 for Windows 10 1709 and KB4343909 for Windows 10 1803)?  These installed overnight on two different computers.  Prior to that every game was working on these computers.  Afterwards no games worked.  I have tried games like Assassin's Creed, DDO, SWTOR, they all start to load, drop off, then you are back at the desktop with a semi-locked screen.  It takes over 7 minutes for Task Manager to load at this point and ending a task is impossible.  Removal of the update on the machine with Windows 10 1803 has made the games playable, my other computer still is giving issues since doing that.  Now I saw nothing in the KB documentation that would account for this, unless it was the stuff about the L1 cache.  How is Microsoft getting away with pushing out garbage code like this?  Does it not even get tested to see how it will affect computers?  Who can I contact at Microsoft to get these issues fixed?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Did you remove KB4343897 for Windows 10 1709 on other computer?

You should not only remove but block it from installation otherwise it will install automatically again. To block the update
Microsoft has provided a tool Show/Hide Updates tool to block the update. Download the tool from below link

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

When you run this, it will search for available updates and list them
Select the update which you want to hide. Click Next and follow on-screen directions
Sincerely yours,
Vijay A. Verma @ https://excelbianalytics.com

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I did uninstall KB343987 from the computer, only to have it reinstall again on the reboot.  This time I paused all updates prior to uninstalling again.  Though the damage that Microsoft did is already done, as I am unable to get the system to cooperate and play games since they pushed out a piece of junk code.  I have hidden updates on that computer before, like the 1803 update since it put that computer is a endless reboot loop and never installed the 1803 update.
Michael R. Mastro II

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Computer is at the 1803 version but will not install KB4343909 and keeps giving error 0x800f0922. THen backs out the update. THen eventually retries the update. Then fails. THen repeats... Every repeat cycle takes an hour. This is totally ridiculous. Microsoft: what is wrong with your quality testing?

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also had issues on games with KB4343909. My games specially ACO said my system was very unstable... had heating issues and the computer was supper slow. After uninstalling KB4343909 my computer works great again and I can play anything I want, no heat issues and speedy as usual.
I don´t understand how Microsoft can get away with this. They should test the updates on their machines and on different configurations to see if it will cause any issue or not.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you.  When the update '2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4343897)'  installs, my Start menu does not work - can't see tiles or lists of Apps.  Have uninstalled it, and have hidden it using the Show/hide Updates tool as so will see if this solves the problem.

My concern is that I have not found a solution, so whatever this Update KB4343897 does will not be applied to my computer.  I will continue looking for the cause of the problem or a fix.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you.  When the update '2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1709 for x64-based Systems (KB4343897)'  installs, my Start menu does not work - can't see tiles or lists of Apps.  Have uninstalled it, and have hidden it using the Show/hide Updates tool as so will see if this solves the problem.

My concern is that I have not found a solution, so whatever this Update KB4343897 does will not be applied to my computer.  I will continue looking for the cause of the problem or a fix.

The solution is ugly.   If you use the link above to hide the update it will prevent it from installing... but you have to let it install first then uninstall it again.  The reasoning behind your not seeing tiles or lists of apps is because of the foreshadow bug fix.  I have seen this with my older computer, it took a long time for the start menu to load.  Again both Intel and Microsoft should have really tested the fix for the foreshadow bug prior to releasing it.  I can honestly say while initially I blamed Microsoft for the issues, they are not completely at fault with this, just mostly.  Intel has their hand in the pot of the horrible patch.

Again though, there is no QA process at Microsoft that is allowing these bad patches to come out that immediately slow down computers, and make them unusable.  I mean when you have a computer that is barely a year old and it was rendered to nothing more than a paperweight by a patch, it is got to fall on the programmers at that point.

Michael R. Mastro II

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

KB4343909 failed 23 times on me and the last update screwed my desktop royally because all I get on start is a BSOD (bad pool caller). Nothing MS has recommended on the web works. The Restore Point fails. Everything else fails too. This update came after another update KB4338819 which failed 58 times and then was replaced with update KB343909.

All my Update troubles began last June 2017 with the Creator Update which ended up me completely reinstalling Windows 10 Pro and ALL my Apps including buying a new hard drive with higher performance. By the way all these Update failures & reboots killed 2 other hard drives (I had 4) with all the spinning and checking of Windows 10.

So my issue is similar to this tread yet different BUT ALL BOILS DOWN to MS having completely BAD UPDATES since CREATOR June 2017.

And there are lots of folks with this issue including my circle of professional & technical friends.

I have now hit my limits and I am extremely patient & technical.

Windows 10 Creator Onwards suffers an extreme programming issue & ability to smoothly Update & yet it manages to destroy more and more as it continues updating.

Hate Apple products but it may be time to look at something new.

Being a loyal customer from start and buying software & hardware for years makes me feel like I have been dumped on by MS.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

after self install of KB4343909  all computers with I7-6950x Cpu (10 core) dont boot anymore.

We are all hopeless and helpless.. (Update we have disabled) all woks normaly but we must reinstall windows twice and then we have lost all datas inot windows.old

Please help soon…

thx Karsten from Berlin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everytime I try to install KB4343909 im just getting a BSOD too. Something is very wrong with this update and a response from MS would be better than waiting for them to release the fix at the next update cycle.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Everytime I try to install KB4343909 im just getting a BSOD too. Something is very wrong with this update and a response from MS would be better than waiting for them to release the fix at the next update cycle.

I agree that MS should be proactive considering the amount of issues related to this last update I have seen on the Feedback Hub.

By the way, what is your BSOD error? 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 22, 2020 Views 7,933 Applies to: