Windows 10 Creators Update washes out random colors in random programs.

Ever since the creator's update , my computer has had issues displaying many colors in seemingly random situations. Things like embedded images in programs like Discord and Steam, seemingly random images in google image searches, and the entirety Adobe Photoshop CC are effected. This never effects anything like Youtube, games, or desktop wallpapers. Removing the update fixes this issue. This is not a monitor issue, it's a problem with Windows itself.

This screenshot shows the problem perfectly. You can see that even the color selection box is missing most of the saturation it should have. 

Computer is a 2015 MSI CX61-2QC using the latest Nvidia graphics drivers on an Nvidia 920M graphics card.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Hello,

To determine the cause of the issue, may we know how did you install the Windows 10 Creators Update? Is it via Windows Update Settings, or using Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant, or Media Creation Tool? To help resolve your concern, here are the suggested methods you can try:

METHOD 1: Download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant or Media Creation Tool to install the update.

There are a lot of factors to consider before installing the Windows 10 Creators Update, such as compatibility and system requirements. See Check this List to Determine if Your Computer is Compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update or Anniversary Update or Not. For additional help, we recommend that you read this article by Andre da Costa (MS-MVP): Frequently Asked Questions Windows 10 Creators Update version 1703.

METHOD 2: Check if the said application or program is compatible with the Windows 10 Creators Update.

METHOD 3: Check if the drivers are updated.

You  may visit your manufacturer's website to download the latest drivers. If you have the latest drivers installed on your PC, let's try to roll back the driver to the previous version, and see if it makes any difference. Here's how:

1. In the Start Search button, type Device Manager, and then press Enter.
  2. Go to Display adapters, and expand the said category.
  3. Select the driver, right click on it, and then select Properties.
  4. Under the Driver tab, choose Roll Back Driver.

Let us know if the methods provided above worked for you. Get back to us with the response for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I've applied this update to my computer twice. Once with whatever the automatic updating service that sometimes updates your computer when you restart it is, and once with the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Also as of right now all my drivers and programs are up to date and should be compatible. Problem still persists.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the follow up. Just to make sure that this is not an account related concern, we suggest that you try to create a local account on your PC, and then see if the issue will still occur. See Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10, and follow the instructions provided.

If you are using a different user account, and the issue still persists, we encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so that our support engineers will know about this. You can either vote on an existing submission, or submit a new issue. When you submit a feedback item, we gather additional details and information about your issue, that will help determine what's causing it and address it. The feedback items regularly receive Microsoft responses on the submissions in the Feedback app, so that you can see what we are doing about your feedback. Please revisit frequently to see the status of your feedback items.

In order to submit a new feedback, please follow these steps:

1. On a Windows 10 device, search for Feedback Hub in Cortana search, and then launch the app.   
  2. Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, and then press + Add new feedback.
  3. Select the Problem, share any details you think are relevant, and then choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
  4. Important: If possible, reproduce the problem(s) after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form; Stop monitoring when you're done.
  5. Once you've completed the form and monitoring, click Submit.
  6. Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
  7. Click My Feedback at the top, and then find the item you submitted (it may take a while to appear).
  8. Open the item you submitted, and then click Share.
  9. Click Copy link, and then paste the link in your response (it will look like https://aka.ms/<unique link>).

We'll be waiting for your response.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I apologize for taking this long to reply. Here's my Feedback Hub submission. https://aka.ms/Afnzzv

The other method of changing account didn't help unfortunately. Also this feedback may have been submitted by a different account, but that's because i didn't realize my computer login information was also my Microsoft account so i made a new Microsoft account to post this issue, whoops.

The feedback video shows me CTRL+Print Screening my desktop into Photoshop CC 2016 and the colors failing to display properly, and a comparison of a broken embeded image in the program Discord which is having the same issue, and the proper image which is shown in Windows Photo Viewer. I hope this helps.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I was able to resolve the problem by going to Display settings and switching off 'HDR and Advanced Colour"

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't see that in the Display Settings window, where is it I'd like to try this

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Have you already address this concern? HDR and advanced color will only show up in Display settings if you have an HDR display connected.

Thanks.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I've checked, i do not have an HDR monitor nor has this PC ever been connected to one.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 28, 2018 Views 1,376 Applies to: