Problem installing hyper-v service

Hello all

I am having installing hyper-v services (all other components selected through add-remove features work well) on Win 10 Pro build 10240 with all the updates as of today. The installation process restarts the PC and around 96% it says it could not instal the features and "unodes the changes". 

I have been reading a lot online and still no joy. I hope one of you could kindly help me out. Below are the details. 

Many thanks in advance

Nima
==================

1 - This is a new brand new build on a brand new hard disk. I was using another disk with my insider build and no hyper-v problems until now. same laptop, new sshd, clena install of win 8.1, updates then upgrade to win 10. BIOS virtualisation settings haven't changed.

2- dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth -->  No component store corruption detected

2- dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth --> No component store corruption detected

3- dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth --> The restore operation completed successfully

4 - sfc /scannow --> Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

5 - event log --> 
Update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Services of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ClientEdition-HVON-Package failed to be turned on. Status: 0x800f0922

6 - I have enclosed the log in windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log in http://odisse.com/CBS.zip . There are some errors and I have researched them, but couldn't find a solution

Many thanks again...

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per your understanding, I would suggest that you post your  query in TechNet as they will be able to provide you a better resolution. Please click on the link below to re-direct to TechNet.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ms772425

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information in order to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hello all

I solved the problem. There was one thing I hadn't tried. I had tried disabling my antivirus which didn't help, but this time I completely uninstalled it, at which point the hyper-v install worked well and then I reinstalled the anti virus. so just disabling it wasn't enough.

Hope this helps someone else.

Thanks

Nima

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes!!!

I can confirm that worked for me too. I had to uninstall Kapersky. I haven't re-installed yet, but now I know where the problem is.

Even though I disabled Kapersky I was still getting the error, until it was removed.

Thank you so much, it's been driving me made for a week.

Regards Darren

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had exactly the same. After I read this I deinstalled Kaspersky Internet Security (V16.0.0.614). After rebooting installing the Hyper-V services worked.

Thank you for this post.

Jens

##

Some keywords for other German users:

Windows 10 Hyper-V Features konnten nicht eingerichtet werden.

Ereignis-Id 7043

Der Dienst Hyper-V-Verwaltung für virtuelle Computer konnte nach dem Empfang eines Preshutdown-Steuerelements nicht richtig heruntergefahren werden.

Ereignis-Id 7000

Der Dienst "VmSwitch Protocol Driver" wurde aufgrund folgenden Fehlers nicht gestartet: 
Ein an das System angeschlossenes Gerät funktioniert nicht.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 23, 2023 Views 2,988 Applies to: